Name: [002] Ian Ozsvald
Description: I am the co-founder of ShowMeDo (see http://showmedo.com/about), author of `The Screencasting Handbook <http://thescreencastinghandbook.com>`_ and the founder of the professional screencast production company `ProCasts <http://procasts.co.uk>`_: .. image:: http://procasts.co.uk/media/procasts_sma ...

First 5 Minutes with Python [ID:297] (4/4)

in series: 5-Minutes With Python

video tutorial by Ian Ozsvald, added 06/07

I'm often asked 'what are the resources and tutorials like for Python?' so here I try to answer the questions you might ask in your first 5 minutes with Python.

First we look at python.org's documentation and HOWTO section, then we move to my Python Resources for Newbies video at ShowMeDo to learn about on-line tutorials, newsgroups, news, download and community sites. This video is a part of our Python Collection.

Finally we look at Guido van Rossum's Python Tutorial and use the bundled IDLE editor to write and run a one-line Python program.

Thanks.

Wish I had found this resource sooner. Now, though, the other topics should make me able to increase skills faster.

All is new in Python for me. Great movie! Thank you!

Thanks for the 5 minute intro to python. I've got 2 Nutshell books, but I think I'll be using them only to supplement these ShowMeDo vids. Great job!!! Thanks for keeping it available to the general public for free :) Maybe I can return the favor and make a video one day myself.

180. Ted Maciag Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:12

Keep up the good work.

Concise and informative. Thanks.

178. Takashi Sugimori Sat, 04 Sep 2010 10:26

Great. Thank you, Ian.

Actually I already knew what were explained, but I could enjoy the video.

177. salifoo Mon, 23 Aug 2010 04:08

short fun intro, would like to have more of those online if possible, kind of like of chronological video tutorial about learning python.

t.i.a.

Nice, short, sweet, useful. Thanks for doing this.

175. Richard Lorenz Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:17

The "First 5 Minutes with Python" does give me an idea where to start studying. I'm moving from a group that favors perl to a group that lives with Python. Thanks!

Thanks a lot for your vidéos it helps me a lot for understanding this langage.

thanks

Nice pointers for a beginner.. thanks for sharing the video free.

172. david spiess Thu, 22 Jul 2010 16:16

Thank-you Ian!

At the speed you were talking you covered the right amount of content.

Where do I get that shell? Do I just run python.exe and use the cmd window?

hmm ok. But I'd rather SEE how you access the command reference and look for available methods and maybe even modules? How do I know what modules are available for python?! :/ is there a compehensive guide?

Nice & easy !

168. Colin Davis Tue, 08 Jun 2010 19:34

Great -- thanks!

Well done. The video is short and to the point. I am new to python and will visit the ShowMeDo website to learn more about python

Many thanks

Regards

Steven

I've got a basic C++ training, and decided to try doing something with Python. Thanks for the brief intro and the useful pointers.

One thought though - the video player looks great, but if I am watching I don't seem to be able to do anthing else (like trying to copy what you're doing). Could be useful to have the video player windowed.

165. Arnel Legaspi Sun, 30 May 2010 05:56

Thanks for the short screencast.

Thank you very much! I'm getting started with Python today and I'm very encouraged about the support that exists for this language.

163. steve papet Tue, 25 May 2010 14:11

Thanks! Brief and to the point.

An absolute novice would want to have more fun

with programming.Any suggestions??

Also the above tutorial was a good show.

161. BarryMaccaukner Wed, 12 May 2010 07:12

Thank you. I am just beginning to get started with python, and these videos are invaluable. I wouldn't have a clue how to get going if not for these vids. Thanks again.

great tutorial. Clear and simple

Very nice so far. I'm interested in working with Google Apps and I'm new to python.

Hello,

Your video 'First 5 minute with Python' was my first ventue into your website. I have seen you videos on mel UI and really enjoyed them.

Even though I concider myself an absolute beginner in python I have gto my head around what was outlined in the video already. What I did do was give a taste of video tutorial to come and, as I stated before, i am a complete python stary-eyed beginner and I do believe that there are tutorials in showmedo that can help me with this problem! cheers fella... You're a good egg

157. Nagaraju Fri, 07 May 2010 04:09

Thanks for the introduction videos and It is helpful for beginners. I would suggest that this 5 min video on "how to get the list of the available commands in python" for beginners.

156. Nagaraju Fri, 07 May 2010 04:09

155. ETaylor Thu, 29 Apr 2010 08:43

I thought it would be a 5 minute video, but it could cover a bit more. Thanks for the website though-great idea.

154. Luís Manuel Pimentel Trigo Sat, 17 Apr 2010 12:49

Very nice! thank you

153. Christian Mon, 12 Apr 2010 03:44

Thanks for creating these videos! It is a lot clearer to watch someone else actually performing the tasks rather than just reading them and not getting a full understanding of what it all means. Please keep up the awesome work!

152. Bill Hundaco Thu, 08 Apr 2010 18:11

I am in the process of teaching myself some aspects of Python. I am a newbie to Python and I got a lot out of your video. I look forward to watching the series.

Thanks for the brief start. Does it last five minutes?

150. Lars Bauer Jørgensen Mon, 05 Apr 2010 04:10

Nice job, i like it. I have used the link to some nubii's and it is well recived.

A little more in-depth coverage of the resources would serve beginners well.

Thank you, that's a helpful introduction.

This is a great idea. I am new to programming and bought a book and downloaded Python 3.1 to learn. This is the first video tutorial I have seen and I think it is a great idea! I am looking forward to watching some of the others.

Good intro video, get's the job done with a no frills approach. Love your accent BTW. :)

145. maojieyi Wed, 17 Mar 2010 02:14

u did excellent

a good start, I look at to looking at more.

Making more sense than the python.org site did. Thanks!

Clear intro. So far so good.

141. Cecil O'Donkor Mon, 15 Feb 2010 07:57

It's a start; helpful; thanks

Thanks. A nice intro.

Tanks your work!

138. Christoph Dreiser Wed, 20 Jan 2010 01:40

great, thanks

Nice ~

Good and quick overview

135. Chuck Heron Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:52

The Python idle tool looks nice, but you didn't say how to invoke it.

-chuck

134. obby Laye Fri, 08 Jan 2010 17:59

I am a newbie when it comes to command line input, am finding these videos beneficial as preparing me to set-up A.P.A. 6 formatting for my word documents for my college research papers. I made the switch to Linux Ubuntu from windows 7 and now find myself unable to find A.P.A. referencing software due to the change.

133. Tristan Van Tilborgh Fri, 08 Jan 2010 06:11

This is a good first introduction - but it would be great to also talk about the benefits and user base of python.

132. anonymous Sun, 03 Jan 2010 00:09

First video at showmedo.com... great job! this site goes into my bookmark folder... we expect to see many such videos in the future, where we take a small problem and see how to solve that in python in 5 minutes, something like a cook book..

131. anonymous Mon, 28 Dec 2009 17:50

You are really great at this! Thank you for your time.

130. anonymous Mon, 28 Dec 2009 10:07

great... very usefull for installing python

129. anonymous Fri, 25 Dec 2009 13:39

okey i still need more help! and how do i get python to work?

128. anonymous Thu, 24 Dec 2009 23:10

useful video!

127. anonymous Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:27

Great start! Thank you!

126. anonymous Tue, 15 Dec 2009 23:33

TY for this wonderful site, I Just stumbled across this today and will start using it to learn how to program in Python, I have never programed before but I have done some php work and opened up a lot of code in my life and i do have a great understanding of how things work. but now with this site I think I will be able to create, develop, and design some of my own work. TY

125. anonymous Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:19

Wonderufl

124. anonymous Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:34

I have been over thinking this python. need some help

print "Hello World." I didn't even know where to look for the print out. Thanks.

running OS windows 7 python 2.6 wxWidgets, wxPython Demo

I have copied py code into notepad and saved as .py UTF-8 and simple.py code works to generate the frame

Then at menu1.py and menu2.py it failed to show frame. Do you have a video to answer that? I am a kinda a cut and paste guy, slow carpenter hands. I was careful about the indent and blank lines and case, cut and paste, edit numbers out.

I am looking to rewrite my php, mysql, apache server based testing program (8,000 questions) to put on a DVD, memStick or download. Would you recommend python utilizing sqlite instead of mysql? url mep100ton.com test_catalogMain.php page shows variety available. password protected for session variables.

If you have a look thanks. I am looking at Zope app server also.

Thanks again. Great help.

Gary

California

123. anonymous Wed, 09 Dec 2009 14:10

Good introduction. I'm looking forward to the rest of the video series!

122. anonymous Mon, 07 Dec 2009 19:59

Great - just the right bite-sized bit of knowhow, and whets my appetite for more

121. anonymous Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:38

Thanks Ian! Didn't know the modules interacted with the python shell. Good to know.

120. anonymous Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:51

Good video. Might be a little redundant, but makes everything very thorough. Thanks!

118. anonymous Mon, 23 Nov 2009 07:22

Good!

117. anonymous Sat, 21 Nov 2009 07:24

Glad I found your website. Thanks for the videos.

116. anonymous Sat, 21 Nov 2009 03:35

Nice, simple video :)

115. anonymous Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:00

I did a search and this page came up. Thanks for a quick start as to getting going. I am only a minor programmer that is coming up for retiring from work and looking for something to keep me busy.

again many thanks

114. anonymous Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:36

thanks for the help,

it's a great tutorial for beginner like me

thanks

113. anonymous Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:41

Great intro thanks!

112. anonymous Fri, 06 Nov 2009 06:50

Well it helped me to get going ..thx gazi

111. anonymous Thu, 05 Nov 2009 15:15

Concise and to the point - just right!

110. anonymous Sun, 01 Nov 2009 05:01

Phenominal resource! Makes it so much easier to consider getting into python, very interesting too :)

109. anonymous Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:41

great!

108. anonymous Sun, 18 Oct 2009 02:11

Very helpful start - thank you

107. anonymous Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:48

Good tutorials. Short and to the point is good. Nothing more daunting than a 2 hour video. The content is well done and direct and concise. Really appreciate your effort.

106. anonymous Thu, 15 Oct 2009 05:11

Good intro! I am actually looking for a tutorial on how to program Python programmings using Eclipse. All the scripts I have written in the past I was using Notepad++ or gVim, but now I need to evolve to a full featured IDE.

105. anonymous Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:21

Nice and quick. Good job.

104. anonymous Sun, 11 Oct 2009 08:41

Thanks a lot.

I have some programming background and have long blank on it.

Now I' starting from learning Python.

Regards,

askar

103. anonymous Mon, 05 Oct 2009 14:47

Very short and to the point.

102. anonymous Sat, 26 Sep 2009 18:28

good start for me.

101. anonymous Fri, 25 Sep 2009 18:12

I like it but i wanted more. I would love to learn about using tk with python. Also does anyone at showmedo use python with "brl-cad." Look forward to using this site often

100. anonymous Thu, 24 Sep 2009 23:16

Very nice. I am putting together material for in-house training at my company and the videos in this series are quite helpful for those that don't know how to jump in the water.

Thanks, that makes the Python language look accessible.

98. anonymous Mon, 14 Sep 2009 06:09

I keep teetering back and forth between whether or not I want to dive into expanding my computer knowledge to the programming level. I'd keep reading reddit comments in great detail that were far over my head, but still interesting. This encouraged me to actually try out python, and hopefully move to an advanced level with it. Haha, this comment sounds fake, but it's not.

nice and consice, I love your voice, very nice for a tut

96. anonymous Thu, 03 Sep 2009 23:49

Hi i want more documents on python for beginner!! Plz if u could send me on my email!! Thanks..

I really like this site!!

95. anonymous Tue, 01 Sep 2009 21:29

Great video, will continue on the trail.

94. anonymous Sun, 30 Aug 2009 23:31

Good intro

93. anonymous Sun, 30 Aug 2009 18:35

92. anonymous Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:48

Hi sir I really the video if possible to send me for free link for the video thanks Ash

91. anonymous Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:11

Thanks for the quick intro to Python.

This is the third video I've watched and I think that when the video ends it needs a summary page.

For this short video.

Summary

* Python development environment shown is IDLE

* Python.org

90. anonymous Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:11

good tutorial. i want to start developing in python, so im going to spend hours in those tutorials thanks.

Real basic ground floor intro.

87. anonymous Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:22

Thankyou voice nice and clear, which i find i take in more.

86. anonymous Sat, 22 Aug 2009 09:20

Helpful start on finding resources.

What other programming languages are similar to Python? What level language is it?

85. anonymous Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:34

This is my first video here, but this author sounds promising. Clear and sound voice.

84. anonymous Sun, 16 Aug 2009 05:50

quick startup to know where to look, thanks

83. anonymous Wed, 12 Aug 2009 00:40

Good for the beginners, but if it is available for the complete python means it would be very useful

82. anonymous Fri, 07 Aug 2009 21:37

Good Video

81. anonymous Fri, 07 Aug 2009 08:12

Thinking about learning Python and looking in to resources. Found you site listed on the Python page. Very much like your approach after seeing a couple intro videos. Thanks for doing this.

80. anonymous Tue, 04 Aug 2009 13:30

Nice initiative!

I probably have to find my way around in all the video's ;-)

Marc

79. anonymous Mon, 03 Aug 2009 23:58

Thanks for the quick and helpful introduction into pyhton. I'm not a programmer and it took me a wile to figure out how to to set-up IDLE on a standart distribution of Fedora. Python 2.6 was installed with the Fedora, but to get an IDLE going on GNU/Linux takes an installation of additional packages. It would be great if You include other steps on setting environment, as well as the standart path and directories where scripts supposed to be stored for immediate access by python/IDLE.

Thank You for the great visual introduction.

78. anonymous Mon, 03 Aug 2009 02:26

I think your video was good especially 4 me I been trying to learn python 4 so long and couldn't find the right recourse that works 4 me so thank you so much

77. anonymous Sat, 01 Aug 2009 12:29

good introduction

76. anonymous Mon, 27 Jul 2009 06:22

very clear and interesting for five minutes. though maybe a bit too fast in the end with the "first program" bit. of course it's only meant to be a teaser of a kind, but it might deter those who lack intuition and curiosity to fiddle around until they find what was missing themselves. otherwise, very good :)

75. anonymous Sun, 26 Jul 2009 03:33

nicley done I appreciate that there is help out there like this. I want to learn the programming language but reading programming tutorials sends me to sleep. the videos are a huge help thanks again

74. anonymous Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:58

curious whats coming

73. anonymous Thu, 23 Jul 2009 22:23

Thx for your great support understanding python

72. anonymous Thu, 23 Jul 2009 19:41

Very informative site...will be going through all things python.

71. anonymous Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:30

Good job!

70. anonymous Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:55

Ok in five minutes you made 2 points

1 where's the help is on your website

2 what an output looks like.

you didn't really explain the shell's function or parts

and it looks like is just one of line of output

69. anonymous Mon, 20 Jul 2009 21:03

Interesting...

68. anonymous Sat, 18 Jul 2009 10:13

Just getting Started...So a bit overwhelmed but your information seems geared to newbies like me... Thanks for your time and effort

67. anonymous Mon, 13 Jul 2009 05:33

I'm a newbie, very clear & basic (what i was looking for!)

66. anonymous Mon, 13 Jul 2009 03:36

Good for a newcomer to get started with!

I knew that much already though! ;)

65. anonymous Sat, 11 Jul 2009 20:23

Ian, you're awesome! Thank you.

64. anonymous Wed, 08 Jul 2009 07:20

Good stuff but this feedback thing is irritating :) and its not going away.... using firefox 3

63. anonymous Wed, 08 Jul 2009 07:20

Good stuff but this feedback thing is irritating :)

62. anonymous Tue, 07 Jul 2009 05:31

I like python because its opensource and help on it is easily available.

61. anonymous Mon, 06 Jul 2009 19:46

Thanks a lot! Great jumpstart for Python!

60. anonymous Sat, 04 Jul 2009 17:35

was a good video to where to start

59. anonymous Sat, 04 Jul 2009 03:45

hallo,

a very useful site with great Authors and Videos.

greetings from Germany

Marcus

Nice introduction video, i do like you video quality am wondering what program u do use to do your recordings.

56. anonymous Wed, 24 Jun 2009 06:17

very good

55. anonymous Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:41

very helpful piece of information...much appreciated

54. anonymous Thu, 18 Jun 2009 05:32

So far the video's have been a major help. In this last one there are some gaps in information for me personally. First i'm completely new to programming, however i can sometimes read script and understand what's supposed to happen. I've only downloaded python 3.0 for Vista and have it installed. Flawlessly i might add. Thanks for the help there. When I type python however, i don't get that extra window that you have. I only have the top one. What is the bottom window and where does it come from? I'll do some more digging as i'm sure this adventurous spirit will serve me well here, but as far as input that's all I could offer. Thanks for the help. Keep at it.

53. anonymous Wed, 17 Jun 2009 04:34

52. anonymous Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:44

Need more! but good job overall

51. anonymous Mon, 08 Jun 2009 16:13

Just getting started, thank you for the help.

Richard

50. anonymous Sun, 07 Jun 2009 20:28

Good but very basic I was just poking around looking for quick start for programmers coming from other languages

49. anonymous Sun, 07 Jun 2009 05:47

I like it. It's strait.

48. anonymous Sat, 06 Jun 2009 22:41

nice! All what needed for hello world in python

46. anonymous Wed, 03 Jun 2009 13:34

good sofar

45. anonymous Tue, 02 Jun 2009 14:46

very concise and to the point.

44. anonymous Thu, 28 May 2009 20:31

It's a good introduction.

43. anonymous Sat, 23 May 2009 18:50

Thanks, great intro.

42. anonymous Thu, 21 May 2009 21:19

i m new to python. thanks your presentation was nice. i would like to contact you.

may i know you email id.

41. anonymous Thu, 21 May 2009 21:18

may i know you email id.

40. anonymous Mon, 11 May 2009 12:54

I am new python user (old unix sysadmin). It was a good 1st time approach as orientation but it is too 'windowish' to my taste. Python on linux/unix can be invoked from command line, no IDLE available. But thanks for your contribution to build this site.

39. anonymous Mon, 11 May 2009 08:22

nice! this makes learning easy!

38. anonymous Wed, 06 May 2009 16:13

Hey, thanks for so many videos you've uploaded.

This is my first post to you, but my second post on your website, so it might seem offensive to you, but believe me, I'm simply giving you genuine feedback for your video....you did ask for any feedback right? :)

I've noticed that when you're speaking, you always BEGIN a sentence

talking loudly, but then your 'volume' drops off and becomes akin

to a mumble, sometimes being downright difficult to understand.

It's also a pain to constantly adjust the volume because of this, so

could you please :) maintain either low or high volume speech? Thank

you.

37. anonymous Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:35

Trying to get python programming for web development use.

Nice jump start video for people bran new to the python language.

35. anonymous Tue, 21 Apr 2009 18:26

a

34. anonymous Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:12

thank you!

33. anonymous Thu, 16 Apr 2009 23:43

Thank you for getting me started!!!

32. anonymous Thu, 16 Apr 2009 04:23

Voice is cluttering....

Aloha,

Good Video. Maybe a little more info about http://www.python.org

29. anonymous Wed, 01 Apr 2009 19:44

Came to your site via google search for Python tutorial video and found it very intersting. Please keep up the great work!

28. anonymous Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:46

Nice video. Thanks for keeping them brief and to the point.

27. anonymous Mon, 19 Jan 2009 20:59

Your First 5 minutes with Python was a good find to send to a co-worker who wanted to know more about the language, and how to get follow up information. Thanks!

26. anonymous Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:17

I think you should mention what and where the audience can download to start Python proramming. My problem is I don't know which package to download to start. There are too many choices, python24, pthon26,and python30. Also, for Windows, there are ActviePython, wxpython, pywin32. It'd be nice if there are some kind of chart to guide me.

25. anonymous Mon, 22 Dec 2008 17:41

Thx for your first 5 minutes video...

Python is a language i would like to learn, but what are the possibilities with python and internet programs?

Is it like cgi? I have heared of Django etc..

In short, i'd like to see some info (another video of course), what are the dis - advantages of using python web programming...

And what it can do!

(btw. you're the first one who has shown me what's a bit of python)

Gratz

24. anonymous Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:32

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for this. I'll be pointing my students at this site - generally teach them C++, but Python looks ideal for many of the things they want to do.

Best wishes

Alistair

Review of First 5 Minutes with Python

Nice job. The part where you explain the role of a New Window in IDLE was brief but also made sense of something that is not very clear on the face of it. Thank you.

22. anonymous Sun, 04 May 2008 16:06

Thank you for the informative and concise introduction to Python

Hi Anon/Matt - I'm afraid I don't know anything about IDLE on the Mac - I run Ubuntu and Windows.

IDLE should have forums, also the Python Tutor list (http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor) might be able to advise?

20. anonymous Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:56

Ian thanks for doing these intro videos. Very much a newbie here. Some steps towards learning are not massively user intuitive (particularly IDLE related). Do you know how I might be able to change font sizes (to larger) whilst running IDLE on my Mac? The general text of my code is small to a point of almost unreadable. I am quite certain that others must have run into this issue as I am doing nothing 'special' or 'different' from what anyone else would do with a Mac and IDLE. thanks -Matt

19. anonymous Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:49

Review of First 5 Minutes with Python

Thanks, I have been working with Python for about a year now, but I never noticed this site before. I'm looking forward to learning a lot more from your videos about Python resources.

Also, nice accent.

18. anonymous Fri, 01 Feb 2008 19:06

I was looking for something to send to somebody who wanted to get started. I like the concept of this video, but think you went a little overboard on making it quick. I think it is too quick. I think it would be better to show starting up Python, writing Hello World and running it, all in the interactive shell. Then save it as a file and run it from the command line.

I wish I had the time to make something like that myself, but I'm currently too busy.

17. anonymous Sat, 10 Nov 2007 12:15

Nice intro tutorial. Thank You

Hi anon. I state the question that I'm answering in the description text, maybe I'm stating the wrong thing? Was it too high/low level for you?

Re. point 2 - There are a pair of videos by PyDev's author:

which might be useful?

15. anonymous Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:12

Nice Introductions, but, i noticed few things:

1. The target Audience should be indicated at the beginning of the video.

2. Is there any Video instructions for Developing Python applications using Eclipse. I tried installing PyDev but, there are no good tutorials on how to develop apps in Eclipse.

14. anonymous Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:45

nice video, good introduction, thanks

Nice intro, and a good starting point.

Could use a video on howto install python and a recomende IDE for beginners.

But

12. anonymous Wed, 03 Oct 2007 23:44

I am a beginner in Python and I like this video as it is short but clear and gives the relevant information.

Thanks.

11. anonymous Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:25

a simple one. pretty ok. i guess.

Thanks Ian,

Good info can't wait to see more videos

9. anonymous Sat, 22 Sep 2007 08:25

Me likes very much ;-)

keep 'em coming!

8. anonymous Wed, 22 Aug 2007 04:13

what a great idea, please keep doing this. Learning to program using '5 minute' installments is a great way to get people into python (and things like programming in general). I'll cetainly be coming back for more - thanks alot!

7. anonymous Thu, 16 Aug 2007 23:02

this is very good videos to learn python programming language

Out of interest I posted my video to YouTube:

just to see the quality difference.

Thankfully the large fonts make it just-about readable but it still isn't all that clear.

5. anonymous Sun, 05 Aug 2007 08:21

ShowMeDo is the best tutorial source I have ever seen. Thank you all.

Glad to hear that you're starting with Python in part because of ShowMeDo. I'd say you've made a good decision, Python will take you far.

3. anonymous Sun, 29 Jul 2007 12:47

Thanks! I was unsure whether or not I really wanted to start with Python, and this video (and site) convinced me. Good work!

I went to the Start Menu (Windows XP), looked in Python 2.5, selected IDLE (Python GUI).

You should see IDLE regardless of which distribution you installed, I believe it is always bundled.

How did you start the Idle environment?

Kudos and Thanks for Ian

Learning Paths

This series lies on the following learning-paths. Learning-paths are a new initiative at Showmedo, to start structuring our content better. You can find out more here.