Common Part [ID:201] (1/6)

in series: Beginning GNU/Linux with Ubuntu

video tutorial by Lucas Holland and mro, added 04/07

In the common part, we discuss some of the basic stuff that you have to know when watching future episodes.

well nice intro for a beginner

49. Mustaq Ahamed Sat, 25 Sep 2010 18:28

Thank you fellow human.

I really enjoyed every part of this video but wish i could get a copy of all videos on ubutun.You are really teaching some of us who can't afford to get tution in companies.

je suis d'accord de vôtres travailles ; merci!

Very Nice and Simple to understand Keep it up Guys!!!

This looks like great information for a Linux beginner like me--I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the series.

Made things clearer

very good/simple intro to Linux

great stuff, love it. though try to improve on the audio!!

41. anonymous Sat, 26 Dec 2009 00:24

Really exciting! Goood job. Keep it up.

40. anonymous Sat, 12 Dec 2009 15:16

This kind of tutorial videos are the one reasion many people are willing to make a transition from Windows to Linux. Keep up the good work!

39. anonymous Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:09

Waay, Marius, I'm afraid you'll have to introduce me to this stuff offline. No, I'm not stalking you. Not really.

This does not mean it's not a userfriendly video. I'll go into this some time when I've got the opportunity.

38. anonymous Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:41

Excellent work

37. anonymous Wed, 02 Sep 2009 22:46

I think, it is good

36. anonymous Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:49

Excited to switch from Mac and PC to a linux based system, but I know very little about it. So that was a nice little introduction. Thanks!

35. anonymous Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:44

Great information

34. anonymous Sat, 01 Aug 2009 11:27

Its simple and crisp- Thank you

33. anonymous Tue, 28 Jul 2009 06:55

excellent!!

32. anonymous Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:45

Thank you for starting with the basics and including a smattering of history. I look forward to working my way through the sections as I get aquainted with Linux.

30. anonymous Thu, 02 Jul 2009 08:41

nice tutorial,

thanks a lot

gresy

29. anonymous Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:05

Just starting with the video's but it appears to be presented in a logical manner. I look forward to viewing and learning from these sessions.

28. anonymous Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:46

very good for newuser of ubuntu like me

27. anonymous Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:08

its really helpful for the new starter

26. anonymous Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:46

You'll are doing a great job. Linux is said to be a non-user friendly OS. But the way u'll are showing the video and demonstrating and educating people, no one will ever say that say that Linux is non-user friendly, but they will say Linux is user-friendly os

aswell "community-friendly os".

25. anonymous Tue, 14 Apr 2009 08:44

aswell "community-friendly os".

24. anonymous Sat, 07 Mar 2009 18:34

These are amazing amazing videos. I still find it hard to believe it is free. You guys are my heroes. If only the rest of the world follows suit-the spirit of the ubuntu movement( yes it is a movement in my mind-not just a gnu/linux distribution) is what humanity is about.

ps. I will write a more lengthy review shortly.

23. anonymous Sat, 07 Mar 2009 18:34

ps. I will write a more lengthy review shortly.

22. anonymous Sat, 07 Mar 2009 18:34

ps. I will write a more lengthy review shortly.

21. anonymous Sat, 07 Mar 2009 18:34

ps. I will write a more lengthy review shortly.

Thanks for starting with the basics, I really look forward to watching all your videos and becoming a smart, educated open source lover!

19. anonymous Mon, 07 Jul 2008 09:12

Thanks a bunch for this series, I just installed Ubuntu and as an amateur linux user this comes in as very useful and clear knowledge. Keep up the good work!

I really liked the break-down of the different terms associated with Linux and the Umbunu distribution. I'm not new to Linux but I still appreciated definitions of terms.

17. anonymous Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:13

I love this site, my first visit here. This video is great keep going

16. anonymous Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:06

Lucas and Marius you are my heroes! i'm new to this

computer stuff so your tutorials are a much needed help. thank you very much!

15. anonymous Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:20

Well done. A great introduction to the vocabulary. Everything makes a little more sense now. Cheers

Gents, I thought you'd like to know that you reached the frontpage on DZone:

with 13 votes. Congratulations, only our stronger series reach DZone's frontpage - well done.

Lucas, Marius, I have added a link to this series at DZone:

Please - everyone - do feel *very* free to go and vote for Lucas and Marius :-)

12. anonymous Wed, 23 May 2007 10:25

Great job, can`t wait to see more of your videos!

Excellent video, keep it up!

Excellent news Lucas, Kyran and I look forward to posting the video!

Hey everyone,

I've got some good and some bad news for you. First the bad news: I won't be able to actually start recording the practical part until I've sorted out some organisational stuff which shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks. Now the good news: Marius has finished recording the first episode of the theoretical part. Once it's out of post-production, we'll get it published asap!

8. anonymous Tue, 08 May 2007 08:04

I'm planning on moving from Windows XP to Linux, as I don't like Windows Vista.

Ubuntu looks nice for desktop usage.

Looking forward the next videos!

Thank you!

We're working really hard to get the first episodes produced and published soon!

6. anonymous Sat, 05 May 2007 19:23

This was spectacular... I am planning a 100% move from Windows to Linux and needed more information

5. anonymous Sat, 05 May 2007 08:26

Great video!

Very nice idea to have an Ubuntu introduction.

I don't like Windows Vista, and I'll probably be moving to Linux soon. Ubuntu looks like a nice choice.

I'm looking forward the next videos with more details on Ubuntu.

Thanks for the vid. I'm looking forward to the series.

This episode was published just a few days ago. There's more to come soon!

Do you know when you might be continuing this series? Even if you don't have an estimated time of completion for the next one,it might be helpful to indicate the date when this one was posted so users will have some idea of whether to hold their breath, and how often they're coming out.

Thanks to Lucas and Marius for a lucid and concise introduction to GNU/Linux and to their instructional videos, which I hope to watch.

Kudos and Thanks for Lucas