Name: [002] Ian Ozsvald
Description: I am the co-founder of ShowMeDo (see http://showmedo.com/about), author of `The Screencasting Handbook <http://thescreencastinghandbook.com>`_ and the founder of the professional screencast production company `ProCasts <http://procasts.co.uk>`_: .. image:: http://procasts.co.uk/media/procasts_sma ...

2 Minute Introduction (File I/O) [ID:1349] (Free) (1/5)

in series: Python Beginners - File I/O

This 2 minute introduction covers the following four episodes where we cover reading text files into Python, reading and writing text files, reading and writing binary files and persisting data with cPickle.

The Intro did what it says on the box.

55. Jonathan Franca-Koh Tue, 07 Sep 2010 08:21

Find video a little distracting but love the videos. AM a complete beginner top programming and the showmedo classes are a great way to learn. Thanks!

54. Changa Tshering Wed, 11 Aug 2010 21:20

Breif and great strat

Nice flow chart above the comment section. You're covering what I'm interested in.

first time at ShowMeDo, this was my first exposure - looked well done and will investigate further. Thanks

The videos are very helpful in understanding the topic. It's much easier to understand then reading a book because you can actually see the results.

Hi - thanks for the tutorials!. I would suggest that you place the microphone closer to your mouth so you will improve the audio quality. Those viewers that are not english native will truly appreciate it!

Very good for me. Thank's

48. M.Ramesh Wed, 03 Mar 2010 02:59

very very beautiful videos

Good intro!

46. Kamaal Franklin Sun, 17 Jan 2010 06:29

I love your website and that you guys have lots of video tutorials

45. anonymous Thu, 03 Dec 2009 11:57

thanks for these tutors

44. anonymous Mon, 23 Nov 2009 05:58

Hi, good incentive. I am new to python and this is my first python video. Can you suggest me any videos on how to run python files on apache...

Kind Regards,

judef

43. anonymous Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:17

Nice job!

42. anonymous Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:55

Once again great job.

41. anonymous Sun, 04 Oct 2009 02:45

The sound volume is too low.

40. anonymous Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:17

Very hard to hear, and understand, and speaking way too fast, otherwise good video

39. anonymous Tue, 29 Sep 2009 06:40

clear illustration , however a little bit fast for me.

38. anonymous Fri, 25 Sep 2009 18:19

I did not like the video of you as far as learning goes. It was a bit distracting. Following you voice and looking at text worked much better for me.

37. anonymous Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:00

Nice intro. Well explained. Thanks

If you could speak up a little that would be great... I've got VLC maxxed out at 200% with my speakers on full and still have trouble hearing you.

35. anonymous Sun, 06 Sep 2009 18:46

very good!

34. anonymous Wed, 02 Sep 2009 17:15

looking forward to learning more. navigation across videos on the site could be better organised.

33. anonymous Sun, 30 Aug 2009 23:36

Hard to hear audio

32. anonymous Thu, 27 Aug 2009 20:03

I think the video's look great and are of good quality. I am looking to work with Python to develop some data manipulation processes using SQL Server as my database platform. I haven't looked around the site yet but am definitely going to be looking for other videos. Keep up the good work!

31. anonymous Mon, 17 Aug 2009 17:51

Great,I've been trying to learn reading, but for resons i won't go into here, i think this will be a much better way for me to learn. I will join the club, but live on a fixed incom so it might take a little while for me to do it.

Thank You for taking the time to do this.

Rick

E.Texas.

red44_5@msn.com

Good intro. Wasn't sure if I needed pickel or not, but with this introduction I will for sure be viewing it.

29. anonymous Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:37

Great vid, u speak loud and clear.

28. anonymous Sat, 08 Aug 2009 21:43

very good quality. Intro given very clearly. Thanks!

27. anonymous Mon, 03 Aug 2009 02:45

it is great that there is people like u to help beginners like me

26. anonymous Sun, 02 Aug 2009 02:03

very nice and very helpfull thans a lot my friend

25. anonymous Sat, 01 Aug 2009 06:27

need tolearn more about the programmes

24. anonymous Sun, 26 Jul 2009 20:20

Nice intro video.

23. anonymous Sun, 26 Jul 2009 00:34

thank's

22. anonymous Thu, 23 Jul 2009 21:47

Your video is really good, and the picture quality of video is also good.

Today I started with this site and I will become a follower of this site.

ciao,

Pranav

21. anonymous Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:42

I'm new to python. Have a little background in programming. Looking forward to get for some beginner's guidance

Personally I don't think seeing you will help me learn, the quality of the lesson and how you explain what your doing on screen is what counts. However it does provide a personal touch that non computer people will think is great.

18. anonymous Wed, 01 Jul 2009 16:14

ok

17. anonymous Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:43

Sounds interesting. Video could be a bit louder. Cheers, Geoff

16. anonymous Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:50

Ok

15. anonymous Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:47

Ok

14. anonymous Mon, 08 Jun 2009 19:09

Dear Ian,

Keep in mind that many of us are new to your videos. We are not used to your accent. You tend to speak far to fast . . . then you tend to trail off at the end of your sentences. Please try to speak at a constant speed. Pronounce all your words.

Your are a handsome man but after 15 seconds I would rather look at some other image than that of a talking head with an orange mustache.

Finally, clear your background. Parts of picture frames stick out from the sides of your head . . . distracting.

I am glad to see that you are using the Mac instead to the PC. I use both but prefer the Mac alot more.

I have been a viewer of many of your videos for several years. Keep up your very good work.

Sincerely, Tim Basaldua

12. anonymous Wed, 03 Jun 2009 12:50

Great video I don't know exactly what u said but none the less. I'm new to linux and tring to learn programming as a hobby. All in due time right.

11. anonymous Fri, 08 May 2009 13:31

nice intro I look forward to seeing more of the series

9. anonymous Sun, 26 Apr 2009 15:58

Cool Stuff, Ian, thank for the input !

My feedback, is you are a tad too fast and speak to low; raise the last & slow the fisrt, and it would be all fine

Yours friendly,

MikkaH

7. anonymous Sat, 18 Apr 2009 01:21

Thank you!

Audio is a little bit to low for my laptop.

6. anonymous Thu, 09 Apr 2009 09:31

Not sure the picture-in-picture adds anything, but I have no objection to it. Incidentally, quick comment selection doesn't work in Google Chrome.

5. anonymous Tue, 07 Apr 2009 22:21

I appreciate very much this initiative of showmedo. Since you ask, maybe Ian on this Intro to files, could speak more slowly ? English is not my mother tongue so it would sure help a lot to understand. Otherwise, I am eager to look for the other videos, thank you

Having a camera is much better than other tutorials, from other sources, that just show a static screen capture. An in depth introduction which gives the viewer a good idea of what to expect!

Good to see some PIL usage.

Audio is a bit early.

Your video has been edited. This is an automatic post by ShowMeDo.

Kudos and Thanks for Ian