Name: [110] cmpython
Description: I am an early adopter of ShowMeDo, with ShowMeDo-relevant interests in Python, wxPython, Boa Constructor, and other related entities. I also really enjoy oats. ...

9 - 12 Tips, 6 'bugs' and some resources for Boa Constructor [ID:1048] (9/9)

in series: Introduction to Boa Constructor

video tutorial by cmpython, added 02/09

Here I quickly go over 12 tips for enhancing one's use of Boa Constructor, mention 6 minor issues that are easily gotten around, and point to a few resources for learning more about Boa. This is the final video in this series.

Since making this I have noticed that the problems on Ubuntu Linux 8.10 on a 64 bit machine (or others?) are not really solved enough yet by the info in that one link. Let's hope they can be straightened out soon. There is also a little overlap in this video with the point about the Errors Pane in an earlier video.

34. Richard Auger Sun, 26 Sep 2010 19:43

Very good, thanks it is very useful!

Wonderful series. I think I am ready to make some progress with BC.

Thanks,

John

32. Tyler Hallada Mon, 02 Aug 2010 21:31

Thanks for you 9 videos on the boa constructor. After installing the boa constructor I didn't even know where to open it! Your videos definitely cleared it all that up for me and then some.

Thanks for helping the python newbies like me :)

31. Steven Lehar Thu, 22 Jul 2010 14:27

Excellent series, thanks a lot for all your trouble!

Very Useful intro to Boa Constructor.

: ) Thank You very much.

Nice presentations. I have see nthe 9 videos, I hope you developpe gradual videos, up to show differents interesting applications, in data processing, science and graphical ways.

Very good.

Thanks from France.

I've finished looking at the entire series, twice now, and they are just great. I'm anxious to start a little project using this information. Visual Basic 6.0 made a lot of this easy but I can already see the power of doing things the Python way!!

Thanks again!!

26. JOHN Crawford Sun, 14 Feb 2010 04:42

Great series thank you

25. Jan Korinek Sun, 07 Feb 2010 07:47

Splendid from the first part to its very end.

Thanks a lot for recording it.

Jan

just great. many thanks

23. anonymous Tue, 01 Dec 2009 18:21

I watched all nine at one time. You constructed a very helpful tutorial. Thanks very much.

22. anonymous Fri, 27 Nov 2009 08:35

An excellent tutorial series. Many thanks.

21. anonymous Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:57

Great job!! I love it!

Very helpful series. Coming back to it on a second day, I wished for an index that would help me find my way back to a section I wanted to review. Any ideas on how to enhance the videos or ShowMeDo series in this way?

19. anonymous Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:34

really enjoyed series I hope you do more

18. anonymous Fri, 07 Aug 2009 20:41

Just completed your tut all the way from #1 to #9. I've tried to get into Boa before, but kept running into 'unkowns'. I'm just getting started with Python (used to know BASIC and COBOL 85 ;) and your tut has helped a lot on being able to get started now. Especially adding in the sizer tuts. This was an area that was really frustrating in trying to find something/some-way to allow users to resize the window.

Thank you.

17. anonymous Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:40

Very nice work

16. anonymous Fri, 24 Jul 2009 03:25

thanks for the small tips, very usefull!

15. anonymous Sun, 19 Jul 2009 14:24

Very thorough step by step tutorial. Great for beginners to python or Programmers just New to Boa Constructor.

Very Clear and Logical and delivered in a Good SPeaking voice.

A second series constructing t One Useful program would be a great added series.

14. anonymous Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:16

Very good intro to BC! I guess it is time for me to get to work.

john

13. anonymous Wed, 24 Jun 2009 01:40

thank you very much for this great series

12. anonymous Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:12

I just wanted to say that after finishing your series of videos on Boa, I feel a lot more competent in navigating it's interface. You had many excellent tips, and good looking resources that I hadn't known about.

I originally came upon this series while searching for a solution to a problem I'm having opening a second non modal frame script from the master frame.The odd thing was if I copied the frame code from the second script into the first script, it functioned flawlessly, but it destroys the modular aspect, and also means I can't edit the second window from inside of Boa. I'm going to check the forum links you mentioned, but if I might suggest a topic for another set of videos, building a small multi frame & script application that can transfer data both ways between the frames and scripts. I'm having issues with that.

11. anonymous Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:31

Very helpful set of beginner's tutorials. Thank you.

10. anonymous Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:51

This was one of the best intro video tutorial series I've come across. Ever notice how many written on-line tutorials are years out of date and usually conclude with 'to be continued', and never are?

That's because creating truly educational tutorials is an extremely difficult and time-consuming task; I believe more demanding than programming.

Programmers are a dime a dozen. Enlightened educators are a scarce commodity.

Thank you!

9. anonymous Sun, 31 May 2009 13:15

very helpful tutorial!

I have learned sooo much already :)

Do you use IRC or know of any official boa / wxpython channel on IRC?

send me a email or msn message: patchie@gmail.com ...thanks in advance

8. anonymous Sun, 24 May 2009 06:07

I would like to thank the author for this fine series of videos on Boa Constructor. I've previously tried to learn how to use the program but was intimidated by the amount of information in the user manuals (Python, wxPython & Boa Constructor). These videos break it down into easily understood steps which simplify learning a very complex program. Well done!

7. anonymous Tue, 05 May 2009 03:55

very good, thank you~

thanks for these very good videotutorial

I'm german, but i think it's very easy to understand your language.

thanks thanks thanks!! well done

5. anonymous Sat, 11 Apr 2009 09:06

Good series keep doing more tutorials, I'll keep watching.

4. anonymous Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:39

Hi,

I am using Boa for 2 years and I am very happy to do main machine interface with. I program under Windows and Linux.

You did a very useful and great job in this video tutorial. I will advise it to people wishing start with Boa and Python.

Thanks a lot for your gift

Serge

Your video has been edited. This is an automatic post by ShowMeDo.

The ShowMeDo Robot says - this video is now published, thanks for adding to ShowMeDo.

Your video has been edited. This is an automatic post by ShowMeDo.

Kudos and Thanks for cmpython