Name: [110] cmpython
Description: I am an early adopter of ShowMeDo, with ShowMeDo-relevant interests in Python, wxPython, Boa Constructor, and other related entities. I also really enjoy oats. ...

3 - The Palette in Boa Constructor [ID:1040] (3/9)

in series: Introduction to Boa Constructor

video tutorial by cmpython, added 02/09

This video shows the various options available from clicking on the Palette, including a large number of wxPython widgets as well as help books.

The Palette allows you to select widgets to lay out in a Designer session, and also acts as the "main" frame of Boa, in that, if you close it, you exit Boa Constructor (unless you hide it from within The Editor).

Continues to be good

clear and easy to follow. Perhaps slightly fast, but that is what the pause is for.

32. Steve Goede Sat, 04 Sep 2010 06:47

Very good explanation again!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Steve

31. anoninmus Mon, 26 Jul 2010 01:17

nice

30. Anthony leotta Sat, 24 Jul 2010 07:23

Good.

29. Steven Lehar Fri, 16 Jul 2010 13:13

I love this ShowMeDo! Great idea, and whoever did this one on Boa Constructor understands exactly how to demo the important stuff. Thanks!

28. Chris Iddon Sun, 20 Jun 2010 00:03

I am finding this set of tutorials to be really interesting and informative.

Thanks very much.

Kind regards

Chris Iddon

27. Maria Tampanariu Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:04

Thanks a lot! 10 minutes ago I felt slightly scared of the Boa Constructor, but now I think I might just like it :)

ok

25. anonymous Sat, 02 Jan 2010 18:13

Great Video. Would appreciated more videos on this subject!

24. anonymous Tue, 08 Dec 2009 10:35

Excellent.

23. anonymous Fri, 20 Nov 2009 08:07

very good............

22. anonymous Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:53

Nice work!

21. anonymous Sat, 03 Oct 2009 14:04

Thanks so much for your Boa Constructor videos, I was lost trying to figure out how to play with it until I came across them. Excellent work!

OK. I wasn't clear on whether the palette always generated code or not ...

great tour video

18. anonymous Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:08

Realy great tutorial! Thanks!

17. anonymous Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:16

I liked that one too

16. anonymous Thu, 09 Jul 2009 08:01

Nice survey of the various pallettes. I had already closed the editor on myself a couple of times. Nice to know how to reopen it.

15. anonymous Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:59

Ah, not that informative, just went through the names there!

Something more descriptive might have helped.

14. anonymous Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:42

thanks man

13. anonymous Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:46

Great speaker. Very articulate. Nice quick overview of a few features.

12. anonymous Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:05

Somewhat disappointed with the video, in that it only told me what I could read just by holding the cursor and reading the tool tips. What I was hoping to see was a discussion of the differences between the widgets. For example, I have used Visual Basic and don't recognise the term "Choice Box". I want to use a multiple column list box, and cannot recognise it from the video or even other Help info. The best help guides say what something does, and why I might want to use it. It's a pity because Python is very good, and Boa also looks excellent. There seems to be no halfway house for Help between the professional programmer and the complete novice.

Anonymous, #10: Muchas gracias! Me gustaria hacer un serie de videos en Español. Quizas alguno dia--necesito la práctica! Saludos.

10. anonymous Sun, 03 May 2009 10:24

Thats great!!!! the only dificult is that i dont have a good english, but this is a very good material!!!, IIm using python to make apps for my Network Department. Thanks from Spain!!

9. anonymous Wed, 29 Apr 2009 02:24

This one didn't do much good for me, too obvious, but still, might be useful for some people I guess.

8. anonymous Tue, 28 Apr 2009 04:08

Well presented - Very sensible for new users

7. anonymous Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:47

These are great - very helpful.

6. anonymous Fri, 17 Apr 2009 03:47

Great video.. explains simple things but which are very useful and save time

4. anonymous Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:01

Thanks for the videos. I just apt-get installed boa-constructor and will give it a try

Your video has been edited. This is an automatic post by ShowMeDo.

dealt manfully with the little bug. Couldn't help noticing how old some of that documentation was - unfortunately it's often the last thing to get updated when, from the perspective of prospective newbies, it should probably be the first. Looks like these screencasts are going to be even more valuable ;) - p.s. - you're an acknowledged author now so you can publish your own videos - just make sure the AV works and is in sync - sure it is given the last three.

The ShowMeDo Robot says - this video is now published, thanks for adding to ShowMeDo.

Kudos and Thanks for cmpython