Name: [8039] percious
Description: www.percious.com ...

Using Nosetests and Coverage to create robust software [ID:786] (2/3)

in series: Agile Development Tools in Python

video tutorial by percious, added 07/08

Here I take a sample application and show how you can test it using nosetests. I also go into detail about code coverage, and show a working example.

awesome screencast. really enjoy seeing someone who knows what there doing display it in a very easy to follow and understandble way. Thank you

Thank you for this video, it has really helped me to learn new tools

thanks, for the video it helped me a lot to configure my environment using nose

33. John Graves Sun, 07 Feb 2010 21:08

Everything here worked the same in Windows.

good pace. interesting topic

Thanks a lot ! More on unittesting with python would be highly appreciated !

( for example: testing webservers , pylons, testing pyqt stuff, etc, where to stop writing tests ,, )

30. anonymous Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:56

Once again, really helpful tips!

29. anonymous Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:59

Thanks. I'll give nose a go.

28. anonymous Wed, 21 Oct 2009 07:31

I have done unit testing code coverage in PERL and other languages. I am new to Python. Your example here was excellent.

Thanks,

David McAllister

27. anonymous Mon, 12 Oct 2009 03:58

thanks, useful, epecially the coverage bit

26. anonymous Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:39

Clear intro to nostest. Very helpful. Thanks.

25. anonymous Thu, 01 Oct 2009 09:04

video 2 and 3 not working for me.

Do they work for others??

24. anonymous Wed, 23 Sep 2009 09:51

very informative ....

23. anonymous Thu, 13 Aug 2009 05:32

Very good job! I'll be using this package in the future!

22. anonymous Wed, 05 Aug 2009 02:39

Nice demo.

21. anonymous Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:33

Thanks Chris for the videos on nosetests and sphinx/rst! I particularly like knowing about doctest. Just seeing a few of these in "action" helped me get a little further down the line.

20. anonymous Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:15

Thanks for the video on nosetests. I'm starting to wade into the world of TDD, and this was a helpful tutorial.

19. anonymous Thu, 09 Jul 2009 01:16

Thanks for making the video. I was getting ready to work with coverage for the first time and your video was an excellent tutorial on what ot expect. The @raises decorator part was an unexpected learning. That alone should save me some time. Thanks again, Chris

18. anonymous Thu, 18 Jun 2009 00:15

Thanks a lot!

It was helpful for me.

I think visual quality and volume was enough.

Good job.

17. anonymous Wed, 17 Jun 2009 00:07

It was useful, I was struck up with nose, i think this screencast will give me a move on. Thanks.

16. anonymous Thu, 14 May 2009 14:54

Very helpful !

note: "o' in VI might save you some time if you still add line the way you did in this screencast.

15. anonymous Wed, 06 May 2009 11:58

Thanks for the tutorial. I was actually trying to find how the hell should I use the 'coverage' plugin (which was fixed by doing easy_install coverage... duh!)

You helped out in getting some of my frustration out of the way.

Thanks again!

14. anonymous Wed, 06 May 2009 10:16

great job.... ;)

13. anonymous Wed, 06 May 2009 10:16

great job.... ;)

12. anonymous Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:23

thanks!

11. anonymous Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:37

it would be nice to have a transcript and/or the source code somewhere. I used the TG2 tutorial

to run similar tests, with "nose" and "coverage".

thanks!

Review of Using Nosetests and Coverage to create robust software

Even with a high-quality monitor, I could not read the text.

A text document with all of the commands you typed in would have been helpful.

Thanks for another useful video!

8. anonymous Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:44

Thank you for the introduction to nose/coverage!

Review of Using Nosetests and Coverage to create robust software

Awesome production, and the python script looks nice. I still would want to have a more instructional workflow, like try to number the workflow. Sometimes since it is a terminal is hard to know where to focus the attention.

Also would be nice to have let say a label explaining what are you trying to do. But is great production.

More screencasts please...

Review of Using Nosetests and Coverage to create robust software

Awesome stuff...pls bring more :o)

Great screencast. It is good to see more time given to testing, I show nosetests a lot in my Club videos (I think TDD is darn important!).

It is cool to see you use coverage too, I remember the first time I tried it on the ShowMeDo codebase...boy did that take a good few minutes to run and report :-)

Your style (video, zoom etc) is good, that's a nice change to the usual style where you just see the sw in action (my normal style!).

wow - fireworks have got to be the screencasters ultimate nightmare - you handled them admirably. With me it's the screaming seagulls fighting outside my window. Another nice screencast - we use nosetests with showmedo but coverage is new to me and looks like a terrific extension. Ta again.

Video published, thanks for contributing to ShowMeDo

Your video has been edited. This is an automatic post by ShowMeDo.

Kudos and Thanks for percious