Name: [002] Ian Ozsvald
Description: I am the co-founder of ShowMeDo (see http://showmedo.com/about), author of `The Screencasting Handbook <http://thescreencastinghandbook.com>`_ and the founder of the professional screencast production company `ProCasts <http://procasts.co.uk>`_: .. image:: http://procasts.co.uk/media/procasts_sma ...

Overview (Variables and Containers) [ID:742] (Free) (1/14)

in series: Python Beginners - Common Variables and Containers

This free overview will give you a taster for what's covered in this long series. In total there are 14 episodes covering all of the fundamental data-types and containers found in Python. These are the main objects that you'll be using and reading about, I show them along with typical usages. I also show a few 'gotchas' which might otherwise catch you out.

This series covers:

• Variables are Objects
  • Variable Scope
  • int and float
  • decimal
  • str(ings)
  • unicode
  • bool(eans)
  • list
  • set
  • dict
  • tuple
  • None
  • printing (to the shell, not the printer!)

You are doing great here. I am wondering if there is any 'meat' to the free bits, will play a few more.

40. Nate Sanders Tue, 08 Jun 2010 22:22

Good so far...

39. Anne Meixner Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:31

straight forward

good!

It's help for my to learn quickly python

35. max logan Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:36

just have started to view the tutorials seeems to be good, but mainly i thank you for your effort to educate every one of us and educating for free as it should have been

cheers

34. Lennox Mncedani Mon, 15 Mar 2010 03:52

I'm excited about it

33. Roni Warken Tue, 09 Mar 2010 11:37

Congratulation for this fantastic python site. I'm just a student about python and I found those great videos to teach. I'm from Brasil and already shared this favorite website.

32. Anders Corlin Mon, 08 Feb 2010 07:54

Good!

You are a good instructor.

I am learning a lot from your videos

Thanks a lot.

29. anonymous Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:02

Just getting started here, but it looks great!

28. anonymous Wed, 09 Dec 2009 14:49

Seems like a good video. It is my first one.

27. anonymous Mon, 07 Dec 2009 01:15

clearity sould be their . please start a career development center for python .

26. anonymous Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:16

I thought the intro was fine. I'm a little concerned that this series might be a little bit out of date since it was done in early 2008 or before but since I'm a beginner it probably won't matter too much.

25. anonymous Sat, 21 Nov 2009 03:52

Thanks for putting this together

24. anonymous Fri, 13 Nov 2009 13:22

Ian,

Nice idea. Just installed and built my first Python program. It is critical for me to know asap if there are extension libraries for using IBM MQ, Oracle and SQL Server. Hooks into Webtrends web analytics I would need if I decided to go with Python as my choice.

Thanks again,

Marius

23. anonymous Sat, 03 Oct 2009 04:48

I`m totally new to python and find video tutorials much more convenient than text tutorials. Thanks for doing this!

Good overview. Looking forward to what comes next.

Useful, but a table or diagram showoing the subjects to be covered in later videos

20. anonymous Fri, 11 Sep 2009 07:21

great series - thanks

19. anonymous Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:16

never learned programming yet- interest in games- want to learn python for blender to get most out of g.e

18. anonymous Tue, 18 Aug 2009 18:18

ok

17. anonymous Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:48

So far so good...

16. anonymous Mon, 03 Aug 2009 23:03

hello,

i am a beginner for python. found this website useful. but still having some problems in finding my required content. this indeed is a very good website and has helped me alot till now. please tell if u have videos about setting up environment for python development in Linux and windows as well?

Thanks and Regards

Wasif

15. anonymous Thu, 02 Jul 2009 05:27

Excellent introduction. Many thanks for producing it.

it was good.I'm from perl background.are there any tutorials for people like me so that i can learn faster if you compare stuff to perl.Java's ok too.

13. anonymous Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:29

I am a interested in python

12. anonymous Tue, 09 Jun 2009 16:36

cool

11. anonymous Sun, 07 Jun 2009 03:43

I like it. It's interesting.

10. anonymous Fri, 05 Jun 2009 01:40

I just want to learn

9. anonymous Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:27

It seems promising, but I haven't watched much of the video yet

8. anonymous Sun, 24 May 2009 14:34

I like it

Extremely nice structured and spoken into... congrats!

6. anonymous Thu, 16 Apr 2009 03:08

good intro to docs

I'll mail you privately and try to figure this out. You should be able to watch the videos in your browser, or 'download the video flvs' will let you download the .FLV videos which you can play locally.

i want to learn from you videos but when ever i click on

"Download the video flvs " idon't see any thing,can you pls tell me the easy way to watch this video or any other "path"

Video published, thanks for contributing to ShowMeDo

Your video has been edited. This is an automatic post by ShowMeDo.

Your video has been edited. This is an automatic post by ShowMeDo.

Kudos and Thanks for Ian