Name: [3253] gasto
Description: C/C++ and python programmer. Some knowledge of graphic design too. Interested in Game Artificial Intelligence and Artificial Life. Currently studying(by myself)too many things to be worth the mention. Happy to contribute to the 'help-without-compensation-asked' community. I hope every one that r ...

Python, sweet as candy. [ID:676] (1/4)

in series: Python from zero.

video tutorial by gasto, added 04/08

Have you ever been frustrated with all the compiling process, and wished that all just magically appeared after a pair of seconds of thinking of a feature. You don't know what I am talking about...?, anyways this tutorial is for you. Learn python, you will not regret it. You'll be surprised how easy it is. Python is an interpreter, meaning that it does not produce machine language code, but actually a mid-level language that is interpreted by, well... the python interpreter. So if you create an executable out of a python script, that same executable shall include the python.exe if you want it to work on most machines.

55. Changa Tshering Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:50

insightful:keep it up

excellent..

Any other ones by the same author?

A friend of mine suggested that I start out with python instead of perl. After watching your video, I'm impressed. I will continue. Thanks.

52. Nitesh Mukherjee Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:51

It was an awesome tutorial for a beginner like me...aptly demonstrated

Only problem i was facing was the volume was too low although my PC volume was kept to max...so if its a flaw in ur recording part kindly look into it...else it was really gr8...good job

Very good tutorial gasto, thanks!

Very good. Thank you.

49. Stefan Kluska Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:04

ovation

48. anonymous Sun, 13 Dec 2009 18:07

Pretty good.

47. anonymous Fri, 27 Nov 2009 01:11

Excellent!

46. anonymous Wed, 25 Nov 2009 06:33

Hi this is a very nice tutorial for people to start off or people shifting from other programming laguages

please continue to post more of these videos for people around the world learning python

45. anonymous Mon, 23 Nov 2009 06:26

wonderfull video, keep up the good work!

44. anonymous Sat, 07 Nov 2009 06:11

That was very nice. Nice language, nice expressions. Yes, it is sweet as candy =) Thanks.

43. anonymous Thu, 15 Oct 2009 14:50

was good but seemed like instructor made alot of mistakes he had to go back and recorrect himself..was he drunk?

42. anonymous Sat, 03 Oct 2009 15:26

Thanks for tutorial, it was very educating. :-)

39. anonymous Wed, 02 Sep 2009 18:19

very good, but i wanted to know how to access a particular item in a list, that is within another list.

37. anonymous Wed, 26 Aug 2009 18:09

Thanks for the information.

36. anonymous Sat, 22 Aug 2009 11:29

Great tutorial! Thanks!

35. anonymous Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:57

It was nice tutorial. Thanks for posting. Actually it is always quite hard to find well organized tutorials starting from this level and going to advanced (like a video coursebook).

34. anonymous Tue, 04 Aug 2009 21:00

Great video, you make it easy to understand. keep up the good work.

33. anonymous Sat, 04 Jul 2009 09:43

Good start, and articulated well.

32. anonymous Wed, 24 Jun 2009 06:15

Great content for a python beginner.

Try to say 'er' and 'um' less if you can :-)

31. anonymous Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:40

this tutorial helped me alot i've been wondering how to program for my game in blender

30. anonymous Tue, 23 Jun 2009 03:52

Very good tutorial for the beginner

Best Wishes

29. anonymous Fri, 12 Jun 2009 05:54

slow and steady

28. anonymous Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:27

Thank you for the introduction.

27. anonymous Sun, 07 Jun 2009 22:10

Volume was a little low, but maybe I shouldn't be using the default PC speakers.

Otherwise, it's a great start ^_^"

Keep it up!

26. anonymous Sat, 06 Jun 2009 23:23

This is pretty good, I was able to follow along in a separate window. So, it wasn't going too fast.

It's also nice that you left in the mistakes (like the capitalization error) since they are common and are good for learning.

It could use some introductory context. Why are we using lists as our introduction to Python? Knowing that we'll end up in PyGame, it's hard to make the connection why this is our starting point.

25. anonymous Sat, 06 Jun 2009 08:59

Fine job - easy to follow

24. anonymous Fri, 29 May 2009 20:38

nice tutorial, very understandable

23. anonymous Mon, 18 May 2009 11:54

Fantastic video. Very well done!

22. anonymous Mon, 04 May 2009 00:57

Thank you for making this video. I think that understanding tables will be very helpful for me to learn Python.

Thank you for this video!

feedback:

you could at least have mentioned linux or said that you assume windows.

i like how concise yet easy to understand the data is. voice could be alittle clearer sometimes, i.e. word not slurred. But that's a minor point. Thank you for a great video.

19. anonymous Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:05

good simple examples to begin with :) thanks

18. anonymous Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:36

All help greatfully accepted!

may need to record a bit higher - difficult to hear - but I was able to follow along and do what you were doing - bravo

16. anonymous Sat, 11 Apr 2009 09:15

cool

Great video! Quite informative, appreciated all the examples displayed to illustrate functionality, very comprehensive. Like that.

Thank you for this video. I've never used Python before and hope to get it started right here...

Good for intruduction !

After seeing the other video, I'll review my comments

Sound volume is too low !

I would love to have more videos from you mate, great way of putting things in context. If you more please let me know :)

11. anonymous Sat, 07 Feb 2009 04:00

I have not used python for four years. This video helped me get my pyHead back on.

The content was very good. For myself it was a revision of material I had met before- nevertheless the revision was much appreciated.

myList = []

myList.append('Thank You')

myList.append('Very useful tutorial')

print myList

myList = []

myList.append('Thank You')

myList.append('Very useful tutorial')

print myList

7. anonymous Tue, 11 Nov 2008 06:44

Good, I think I'm going to join ShowMeDo !

6. anonymous Thu, 09 Oct 2008 06:20

really its useful for a programmer who wish to have a good start for python.

Hi Gasto. I've just blogged about this series:

The post is on the two Planet Python sites, they'll bring you more visitors for the next week.

4. anonymous Mon, 07 Jul 2008 20:43

very helpful. I like the repetition you give using your examples it helps me more clearly understand what you are trying to say.

3. anonymous Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:34

Thanks, it's easy to understand!

i want to know more now !!

Video published, thanks for contributing to ShowMeDo

Your video has been edited. This is an automatic post by ShowMeDo.

Kudos and Thanks for gasto