Name: [581] steve
Description:

Addressing with Potlatch [ID:981] (7/7)

in series: OpenStreetMap

video tutorial by steve, added 01/09

How to add addressing data in to OpenStreetMap using the potlatch editor.

Good video for beginners

33. Michel Rolland Wed, 08 Sep 2010 14:04

good, but i wish the end

Let´s see how I could contribute to the Open Map initiative. At least I have started with a donation : )))

If i understood it correctly, even commpanies could use these data without paying for it and contribute to this idea? So the Open Map would be enriched with Companuy Information? Not adevertisement, but global site information

Horst

Very useful!

But, similar comments to video 2 - the screen moving around a lot is very distracting (means you can't see the tagging information at all times).

Makes the confusing EDIT-view crystal clear!

29. Lon Rankin Sat, 29 May 2010 14:55

Better. More explicit...

28. Peter Langmaid Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:35

Really useful for a potential newbie to see what's involved and some of the possibilities

It was very helpfull, im from germany. Pleas mor tuts houw to make cross-roads with the direction-ruls

26. Alex Stirbu Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:53

Excellent tutorials!

25. anonymous Sun, 20 Dec 2009 13:40

that's really cool

24. anonymous Sat, 19 Dec 2009 23:36

The tutorials really help a lot mate.

23. anonymous Tue, 08 Dec 2009 05:07

Thanks for the informative videos.

22. anonymous Sat, 28 Nov 2009 05:43

Very nice introduction(s). I'd like to see some more, if you have ideas and time. Thank you so far, however!

21. anonymous Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:33

Overall, fair.

The audio is just barely intelligible - I had to turn my own volume to max, which I never do otherwise.

Also, I didn't see anywhere along the way how I would find out the set of magic attribute names that were being demonstrated.

20. anonymous Tue, 24 Nov 2009 01:40

Very helpful thank you

19. anonymous Wed, 14 Oct 2009 05:41

Thank You for the video serie.

18. anonymous Sat, 05 Sep 2009 05:38

Just viewd the

Addressing with Potlatch (7/7)

in series: OpenStreetMap

video tutorial by steve

seven videos, missed out the chance to comment at the end of each, so overall -- they are brilliant, interesting and informative, a very nice chatty style and a revelation into how it's done, very useful to this novice,

Enormous thanks for the time and effort you put into this.

17. anonymous Fri, 04 Sep 2009 13:38

Good job! To-the-point and practical.

16. anonymous Thu, 03 Sep 2009 00:47

Nice video. It would be nice if one could see the result of that tagging...

15. anonymous Sat, 29 Aug 2009 11:19

Very useful.

Just two little annoyances :

- you move the visible part of your screen too often

- I don't always understand your voice

14. anonymous Sat, 15 Aug 2009 05:16

Very useful, thanks.

13. anonymous Sat, 08 Aug 2009 16:56

Thanks! Your video saves me a lot of time. It's much better one time to see something than ten times to read about. Wish you to have external microphone to have more quality sound in videos.

Thanks again.

12. anonymous Mon, 20 Jul 2009 04:27

thank you for this video tutorial; it was helpful in understanding the consensus methods for addressing.

11. anonymous Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:07

Nice video

10. anonymous Wed, 17 Jun 2009 03:41

TNX for it!

9. anonymous Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:49

Great videos... Im trying to get people involved in OSM and your tutorials are very helpful

cheers

/L

8. anonymous Sun, 15 Mar 2009 02:28

The video is a little too detailed at the beginning, and a little too fast at the end. I think you should have put numbers on the other side of the road too,

7. anonymous Sun, 01 Feb 2009 13:15

It took over 10 minutes to watch less than 5 minutes of video. It would be most helpful if these videos could buffer. Thanks!

6. anonymous Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:47

Really useful tutorial. Perhaps the audio quality could be improved by using a headphone with mounted microphone. During the recording there were this noisy tapping sounds by hitting the keys. I think they were so loud because the internal mic was used. I liked how the camera was following the mouse. How was this accomplished? Moving a camera while using the laptop keys seems difficult. I will try the numbering scheme myself soon.

Hi Kyran,

I just tried that too but unfortunately with no success. The effect is the same. I expected something like a download procedure. But what I got was the very slow streaming again. I searched on ma system for the *.flv file but could not find any. Do you have some hints what to do?

@anonymous

the video is streaming fine for me (uk). If you look below the video you'll see a 'login to download' option which allows you to download the flv for offline viewing.

@steve - very nice series. Have only freeloaded openstreetmap up to now but one day hope to contribute. Fantastic project.

3. anonymous Tue, 20 Jan 2009 08:48

Hi, I just tried to view the tutorial video. But due to the low download speed from the server it stops every 5 sec till enough data is transfered.

Is there a possibility to download the whole video, so I can view it offline?

BR

Horst

BTW: I've a ADSL connection so the problem is not on my side as far as I know.

2. anonymous Tue, 20 Jan 2009 05:42

Thanks, served to inspire me.

The ShowMeDo Robot says - this video is now published, thanks for adding to ShowMeDo.

Kudos and Thanks for steve