Name: [002] Ian Ozsvald
Description: I am the co-founder of ShowMeDo (see http://showmedo.com/about), author of `The Screencasting Handbook <http://thescreencastinghandbook.com>`_ and the founder of the professional screencast production company `ProCasts <http://procasts.co.uk>`_: .. image:: http://procasts.co.uk/media/procasts_sma ...

Overview - building your own Image Viewer [ID:525] (Free) (1/14)

in series: Build a wxPython Image Viewer

In 3 minutes you'll see all aspects of the wxPython application we're going to build including the wxPython objects for menus, status bar, file dialog, panel, frame, image and bitmap.

You'll see the application in action and by the end of the series you'll be able to build it yourself. Three exercises are included to give you confidence - each are backed by a fully-worked solution.

You'll add your own Mirror menu command, Splash Screen and an html-based About box.

Download 3 test images in a zip file.

very nice tutorial

I have just found "ShowMeDo". I expect to be spending a lot of time at this site.

So far, I have found your videos to be well organized and to the point. Thanks for the

effort.

Mark

35. Shahbaz Ghazi Sat, 02 Oct 2010 20:26

good work.

Keep it up

34. Darin Miller Sat, 21 Aug 2010 09:30

Great idea, great site.

33. Gopalakrishna V Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:08

Good introduction

Interesante! Me importa aprender a hacer lo que aqui se muestra paso a paso

31. Marco Zuliani Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:45

Thanks for this tutorial and for sharing this freely. You did an excellent job.

I'm looking for a way to show images and ask the user questions

Very clear and concise tutorial

thanks!

Nice introduction to the series. I really like how you demonstrate the final product in the beginning to leave us with something to look forward to.

Nice video series. I would like to see more like this. By that I mean more videos showing the full path of creating a program and all the problems that you would generally run into. Truthfully though I would rather see some videos on creating games in Python, maybe one using Ogre 3d. That has a Python rapper and looks like a great engine.

Anyway great job and keep them coming:)

25. anonymous Sun, 20 Dec 2009 03:08

great job

THX

24. anonymous Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:51

Thanks a lot :)

23. anonymous Sat, 03 Oct 2009 11:27

lot about you

22. anonymous Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:51

Only watched the intro so far, but looks good. Thanks!

21. anonymous Mon, 17 Aug 2009 00:17

Very nice. Thanks for enriching the wxpython community thus.

20. anonymous Sun, 02 Aug 2009 10:44

introduction is very nice.

19. anonymous Sat, 11 Jul 2009 08:02

Ok demo of the program.

18. anonymous Fri, 10 Jul 2009 07:40

Good beginning, I am excited about learning python!

17. anonymous Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:42

That's a very nice vido.

16. anonymous Sun, 17 May 2009 02:36

I don't speak at English well, so, excuze me if you don't understand. All of this articles and videos very helpfull me... They are interesting and simple for understand!

Thanks. Nice one !

Its really nice...

11. anonymous Thu, 12 Feb 2009 18:27

So glad I found this! I have been programming in C/C++ for years and started learning Python a couple of months ago. Now I'm getting to grips with wxPython and REALLY need the info on sizers you mention will be covered in another vid - can't wait! Keep up the good work and thanks.

I will be teaching Python to high schoolers in the fall for the first time. Just completed all 14 videos. Outstanding and clear teaching. I can now turn around and teach these principles to the students with confidence. Thank you for all your work.

I just joined. I had watched a video months ago, but now really want to learn python. While I have purchased a python book and have coded a few scripts, I am really looking forward to the video's.

Thank you for doing this.

Thanks for making this series. I really like the wxPython module, very practical!

Hi Anon. I'm afraid that these videos won't be free any time soon. They will be eventually - that's a part of our pledge to the community, details: http://showmedo.com/subscribe

The Subscriber income supports our salaries - if we couldn't pay our mortgages then we wouldn't have the time to make the videos in the first place...

You can find a full discussion here in our main Google Group:

and you are very welcome to add your own point of view.

6. anonymous Sun, 16 Mar 2008 19:23

Just make those screencasts free of charge so that we can all benefit!

5. anonymous Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:29

hmm starts very interesting :)

hope to see more soon.

thanks for that!

Excellent intro to wxPython - you make it sound so interesting.

Good introduction to the series. You manage to give the viewer a comprehensive (but definitely not boring) overview of what's to come.

Good job!

Lucas

Video published, thanks for contributing to ShowMeDo

Kudos and Thanks for Ian