Name: [3583] Rede
Description: Just an amateur DTP, webmaster, genealogist and graphic editor. ...

Part 1 Using The Scissor Selection Tool [ID:459] (1/11)

in series: Repairing Photos With GIMP

video tutorial by Rede, added 12/07

Part 1 Using the scissor selection tool & copy/paste to join a torn picture together.

im intimidated by some of the "higher functions - such as the scissor tool :P - in GIMP. thanks for explaining it so that it is simple and painless to understand : )..

Very informative, I'm looking forward to watch the next installment.

Thank you so very much! Really your video 1 is the best I have seen online. It was just the right speed for instruction, most are to fast and hard to hear, you give just enough detailed information on the tool you were using most start talking about more advance feature losing you on the one they are using. I can not wait to watch the other videos. THANK YOU SO MUCH Sarah

39. Jean-Rene Sun, 15 Aug 2010 08:29

Thank you for taking the time to create and publish this tutorial. Before seeing it, I was using the magic wand very painfully to do this.

Very helpful

Nice to see it done step by step for those of us who are not experts, some other tutorials try but end up leaving parts out because they know it so well, they don't even notice they do not fully explain some small key point

35. Raoul Espedido Mon, 29 Mar 2010 01:47

Clear as crystal! Thanks!

34. roque pesantez Thu, 04 Mar 2010 18:03

Good video, I'm learning how to use gimp and this video is really good. Thankyou for sharing with us this video.

i managed to do the same a different way,but now iknow what the scissor tool is for i will be doing it that way,thanks

I noticed when he lined up the horses that when he went back to the bottom of the picture, it was obviously not aligned properly. Should he not align the bottom of the picture instead? Doing so aligns the whole picture.

31. anonymous Tue, 05 Jan 2010 20:09

Thank you so much. I learned a lot. Your instruction was perfect.

30. anonymous Fri, 01 Jan 2010 20:41

Wow, that is very good tuto. excellent stip by stip process. in his good teaching method we can see a Gimp master I want to folow closely.

29. anonymous Sun, 20 Dec 2009 09:43

Very simple and clear

28. anonymous Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:12

I never even noticed the scissors before!

27. anonymous Sat, 12 Dec 2009 07:03

Very good and helpful, I'm definitely going to watch the other videos! Maybe you can speak a little more detailed instructions, like what buttons or keys to press when adding points to the scissor outline, etc.

26. anonymous Fri, 04 Dec 2009 23:15

Good video, thanks... just starting out editing photos, pulling out what little hair I have left! :-)

25. anonymous Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:24

Enjoyed the gimp tutorial. Thanks.

24. anonymous Sun, 23 Aug 2009 09:54

very Helpful

VLC media player http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ plays the downloaded FLV file at my end & it is free.

22. anonymous Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:44

I like it.

21. anonymous Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:32

I did download the video but I am unable to open the file. I did not have a problem opening the video on this site but only the download. What program is needed to open the downloaded Video?

20. anonymous Mon, 06 Jul 2009 13:43

thank you looking for information to use grimp and pics

19. anonymous Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:58

great tutorial

18. anonymous Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:27

thanks

17. anonymous Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:13

Great tutorial, enjoyed it! Thanks!

16. anonymous Sat, 06 Jun 2009 18:46

Love the whole concept of this site but I'm getting the feedback form but no video

I am using a Mac OS X 10.5.6

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 DUo

My browser is Safari 3.2.1 (5525.27.1)

Cheers

14. anonymous Sun, 31 May 2009 04:35

Greit

13. anonymous Fri, 22 May 2009 05:47

excellent

12. anonymous Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:54

Excelent!! please keep doing it. It is a lot of help!!! all the best!

10. anonymous Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:45

Sehr wertvolle Informationen! Empfehlen!

When you do a command or step you need to tell me how it was done. you do tell how many of the steps are done but you do some actions without telling how it's done.

Otherwise it's very halpful.

Otherwise it's very halpful.

Otherwise it's very halpful.

I am the self-appointed family tree guy. I am fascinated with anything related. I found your series of videos VERY helpful indeed. I cannot wait to put your ideas into practice.

Well Done. And if at all possible, as "Oliver" said,"I'd like some more, please."

4. anonymous Wed, 06 Aug 2008 18:38

Recently, my grandmother passed away. She was the head of the family and without a doubt the strongest woman I have ever known. Anyway, we wanted to put together a collage, but some of the pictures were so old that we couldn't possibly put them up. Using the GIMP and portions of your tutorial I was able to fix some really meaningful pictures. You can't imagine how much it meant to be able to fix these pictures. Please feel free to have a gander:

3. anonymous Sat, 28 Jun 2008 17:29

Hi,

I collect historical photos and have been looking for alternative software to restore them, so your contabution here was very helpful to me and I shall now start using Gimp. Thank you

Judy

It's good to see Gimp covered in showmedo !

Review of Part 1 Using The Scissor Selection Tool

Well paced and clear...I've never seen the 'interactive boundary' tool for cutting in GIMP before - you taught me something new - thanks!

Zooming and then dragging the other half of the picture over to repair the tear in the old (wild west!) photo was cool.

Kudos and Thanks for Rede