Name: [1922] Dai
Description: Hi I'm Dai Just an ordinary guy with an interest in computers who likes making how to videos for others to get the best out of there computers. I ounce did a course on web-design to further my interest in the subject. Got a HNC out of to boot but, lately my interest has turned to doing howto vide ...

layers In Scribus [ID:394] (6/42)

in series: Scribus Desktop Publishing

video tutorial by Dai, added 10/07

This Tutorial shows how to use layers in Scribus

33. Dhee Zhay Sun, 22 Aug 2010 03:42

nice!

32. Bill Scott Mon, 24 May 2010 12:00

You've done a lot of work on this Dai. Really appreciate what you have done.

Six videos in and learning lots! Thanks!

30. srikrishnan Fri, 02 Apr 2010 04:44

Hi,

I am a 3B2 Template Developer. I am very much attracted by your video. It shows the abilities of SCRIBUS. The layer options are not available even in many proprietory typesetting softwares.

29. Gabriele Thu, 11 Mar 2010 05:17

Thank you very much, Dai, it is really helpful to see what happens and to hear your explanations!

Gabriele

It's already good to show how it works, but it would be better to show a praticle example in which you use it.

27. George Charpentier, Saskatoon, Canada Sun, 07 Feb 2010 09:49

Your tutorials are helping to answer some of the questions I have about Scribus. Thank you.

Nice.

25. anonymous Sun, 20 Dec 2009 03:32

Very instructive. Googled. Found this and it solved my problem.

Thanks.

24. anonymous Fri, 18 Dec 2009 06:39

Honkytonk folks! I like this start of your videos. They are really excellent, sometimes a bit long on trivial things but in any case very useful.

Thanks, a lot for this useful job!

23. anonymous Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:07

Your how to videos on Scribus are REALLY helping me so much because I find it so much easier to follow a VISUAL example rather than just read a manual. Thank you SOOOOO much!

22. anonymous Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:07

Hi Dai,

Thank you for spreading the culture of sharing. Your tutorials are great. Scribus becomes so easy to use. I am happy to show my gratitude.

19. anonymous Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:38

Hey Dai,

Great job on the tutorials. I've watched quite a number of them (Scribus) and have found them very useful!

Kate

18. anonymous Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:25

These videos are great. Great level of detail. You're saving me weeks of work by having made these Scribus tutorials-- great job Dai!!!

17. anonymous Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:56

Your tutorials are really helpful.

16. anonymous Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:50

Thank you for helping me figure out this program

15. anonymous Fri, 11 Sep 2009 03:09

Good talk on layers

14. anonymous Thu, 13 Aug 2009 21:53

Layers. Why?

13. anonymous Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:14

This is really helpful. Thankyou.

12. anonymous Fri, 05 Jun 2009 14:37

Thank you for the tutorial. It was very easy to understand and follow. How can get all your video lessons?

11. anonymous Sat, 30 May 2009 03:29

thanks for scribus videos, its good to see in time demos, and makes th e transition to soemthing new warm.

10. anonymous Thu, 14 May 2009 17:05

Very helpful. My thanks.

Your video tutorials are great and I am now able to make pages out of your tutorials. Thanks for these tutorials.

8. anonymous Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:57

Excellent tutorials on Scribus. They have helped me no end.

6. anonymous Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:35

Absolutely brilliant,just started using Scribus...blown away with what it can do. Thanks a million. Michael

5. anonymous Mon, 22 Dec 2008 03:59

Review of layers In Scribus

easier to follow than reading a lengthy tutorial

4. anonymous Fri, 17 Oct 2008 23:18

I cannot believe that I am finding this quality help for free! Thanks so much for all the time you took to do this tutorial - I'm a PhD in nutrition who needs exactly the kind of hand-holding you provided. Thank you once again.

3. anonymous Fri, 04 Apr 2008 16:41

another super video, your such a big help

2. anonymous Thu, 20 Mar 2008 08:37

Well presented, and very clear. There is one question I've been trying to find an answer to (regarding layers - which is how I found this video) aand that is clarification that Layers apply to the entire document, and not each page. (I noticed if you are creating a master page, and have any layers that are locked, you cannot select or edit items on the master page.)

I like the familiar and relaxed voice over but otherwise tempo is too slow for someone who basically knows what to do but wants some extra tips to do it better. (I haven't used Scribus or any other desktop publishing before, but I think I still can get around the basic stuff)

ps. regarding lesson nr 2 (or 3?) you can empty a text box (object) simply just clicking right hand button over it and then selecting Contents -> Clear

Kudos and Thanks for Dai