Name: [1922] Dai
Description: Hi I'm Dai Just an ordinary guy with an interest in computers who likes making how to videos for others to get the best out of there computers. I ounce did a course on web-design to further my interest in the subject. Got a HNC out of to boot but, lately my interest has turned to doing howto vide ...

Adding a Combo Box [ID:339] (7/15)

in series: OpenOffice Base

video tutorial by Dai, added 08/07

adding a combobox to a form

58. Joe Sylvester Sat, 09 Oct 2010 04:28

I thought the video was good.

57. licuriciu Sat, 11 Sep 2010 02:30

usefull, thanks

Very good Dai - simple yet highly informative and easy to follow! I liked it.

55. claude millette Thu, 12 Aug 2010 07:27

very useful video...

first piece of information that allowed me to understand the task and do it at the same time

54. claude millette Wed, 11 Aug 2010 15:20

very useful video...

I thought that it was very helpful.

52. Peter Lynch Fri, 23 Jul 2010 00:04

This video clip was a great, great help. So straightforward when you can see someone actually do it instead of just reading some documentation. Thanks for doing these!

Very clear learnt a lot in a short space of time

50. jose oscar lotero Wed, 09 Jun 2010 07:38

Excelent.

New to Open Office. Thanks!

48. Ævar Guðmundsson Tue, 01 Jun 2010 06:42

Perfect, spot on. Thanks for the help.

excellent. didn't know you could move box using the arrow keys. think I heard ALT + key

I'm glad I found these tutorials. Wonderful job!

It's great Dai! I am looking for more!.....Keep up!

Thanks again. I plan on watching all your Open office tutorials.

very good, i'll check the others.

yhanks

42. Jose Ramalho Fri, 05 Feb 2010 15:02

Very easy to understand and well explained tutorials.

Thank you.

Your video tutorial was EXTREMELY helpful in creating combo box control for Open Office Base. Thanks very much

Very nice. Thank you.

39. Barry Miller Fri, 08 Jan 2010 13:04

Hi,

Nice Kexi Combo Box tutorial.

Does Kexi have the ability to specify a fixed item list for the combo box? From what I've seen, it's isting all the distinct field values.

Barry

38. anonymous Sun, 06 Dec 2009 20:51

The videos are very interesting, I don't speak English very good but your voice is easy to understand as your explanation is too.

Thanks at lot, because I'm affraid I need a lot of help. Keep working on OpenOffice.Org Base. Thanks again

37. anonymous Wed, 25 Nov 2009 05:06

Very helpful - thank you. If you are looking for specific areas for comment - I'd say that the switches between Design and Edit views are a little confusing. Perhaps it needs a quick summary at the end along the lines "in Design you do A B & C. in Edit you do X y & Z"

Regards

36. anonymous Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:36

As a beginner with Base, I've been searching for days for tutorials and have plowed through several already. This series is the best I've found yet. Thank you!

35. anonymous Fri, 06 Nov 2009 03:01

Really keen to see the rest of the combo box tute however this feedback form is still popping up so I guess I'll just have to skip the rest of it. Definately a shame considering all the effort you've gone to to make this video!

34. anonymous Fri, 06 Nov 2009 02:57

This is

great stuff Dai. Now if I could only get this feedback box to stop popping up at the same place in the video:)

33. anonymous Fri, 06 Nov 2009 02:53

I really enjoyed this one

32. anonymous Fri, 06 Nov 2009 02:52

very good tutorials

31. anonymous Fri, 06 Nov 2009 02:51

very good tutorials

30. anonymous Sun, 25 Oct 2009 19:12

Thank you, good stuff. But... what if the data to be entered was a list such as the persons who were to attend the meeting or a list of phone numbers. I can create the tables but cant get the boxes to create the list so how is this done?

29. anonymous Sun, 16 Aug 2009 06:35

Not bad - combobox sounds like it could be a powerful control.

28. anonymous Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:46

Great! I've spent days looking for tutorials that don't assume the user is a programmer. Thanks for your straight forward and simple approach.

27. anonymous Wed, 15 Jul 2009 01:22

Great work, very informative! Just wish the sound was a little better. Much noise (maybe from camera?). Thanks!!

26. anonymous Sat, 11 Jul 2009 09:00

Hi Dai, The video's are very clear , if you could show how to add a combo box in a subForm (grid) thanks a lot

25. anonymous Sat, 11 Jul 2009 05:27

Thanks this was just what I was looking for :-)

What a wonderful and helpful ideas. This will clearly very useful in designing database application. It discusses in a layman terms. Thanks a lot. You're such a great tutor.

23. anonymous Sun, 21 Jun 2009 07:39

Awesome! I'm a noob to OO, so I'm spoiled to MS doing things for me. Great to finally know how to do this myself. Thanks so much for the video. It's a great time-saver!

22. anonymous Sun, 21 Jun 2009 07:38

21. anonymous Sun, 14 Jun 2009 02:32

I am a beginner, many thanks for your good tutorial.

Wilhelm Gröbner

20. anonymous Sat, 06 Jun 2009 15:28

Thanks for a really good tutorial series, Dai. You have given me the confidence to really explore and utilise all the capabilities of the programme. Your hard work is really appreciated by me.

Brian New Zealand

19. anonymous Sun, 31 May 2009 10:57

I managed to get the List / Combo box figured out using your tutorial and A getting started manual for Base downloaded from the Open Office website. The one thing I'm not clear on is why I need to create another Table just to validate info entered into a field. It seems to me between the List Entries and / or List Content boxes in the Properties Dialog box for the field control, I should be able to make specific entries that I want the user to choose from. I couldn't find any documentation on how to make multiple entries. I could get my entry to display in a List Box but no matter how I delimited additional entry options it would just appear as one string of text.

18. anonymous Sat, 23 May 2009 15:18

Thank you very much your tutorial was quite helpful

16. anonymous Sun, 19 Apr 2009 08:29

Good Tutorial - could expand on grouping process....Thanks

14. anonymous Tue, 07 Apr 2009 19:20

Good Module..

13. anonymous Thu, 01 Jan 2009 17:00

I can't get the combo box to work following this tutorial. I'm sure the problem is that the previous tutorials describe appointments/types and then creating a relationships. This tutorial suddenly leaps to towns/locations - and if you follow the tutorial all you get is either numbers diplayed or the correct appointment types, but they won't save, Whats missing - banging my head!!

12. anonymous Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:42

This is a very helpful serries. Easy to use, and enjoyable to watch. A worthwhile learning tool. Thanks for doing this.

11. anonymous Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:40

author spend most of the time to resize and changing color, only spend 30 seconds to talk about the "wizzard" only.... it is useless from my point of view but I will say thank you for author's effort anyway.

10. anonymous Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:12

vc5maatt0is4q9fz

9. anonymous Tue, 14 Oct 2008 04:44

You've saved me a day of frustration; thanks!!

8. anonymous Tue, 14 Oct 2008 04:44

You've saved me a day of frustration; thanks!!

7. anonymous Tue, 05 Aug 2008 14:46

Greetings from germany!

THANK YOU, nice videos! I looked for the f*beep*g formular-control ...

Thank you very much and keep this on! Nice work! :-)

Regards!

6. anonymous Sun, 03 Aug 2008 23:27

Review of Adding a Combo Box

Great lesson. I have tried and tried to create list and combo boxes but couldn't get them to work until I watched and followed along with your video.

Thank you.

5. anonymous Thu, 03 Jan 2008 22:56

Review of Adding a Combo Box

For a long time I was looking for a good guide of how to create a combo box. I was so used to the Excel spreadsheet that I had a hard time to understand the open Office manual. I am very happy now. Thank you and hopefully you keep up doing this.

Nick

4. anonymous Thu, 03 Jan 2008 22:56

Review of Adding a Combo Box

Nick

3. anonymous Mon, 24 Dec 2007 03:33

Review of Adding a Combo Box

It is good, it gives you a path from what to start.

2. anonymous Wed, 05 Dec 2007 18:22

Review of Adding a Combo Box

Dai, thanks for the great video tutorial. I had wanted

to learn OpenOffice base but I was having a difficult time finding a tutorial that covered the major components. Keep up the good work.

David

Thanks, it is something I had been looking for long. I learnt how to create list box and combo box in oobase.

Kudos and Thanks for Dai