Name: [1922] Dai
Description: Hi I'm Dai Just an ordinary guy with an interest in computers who likes making how to videos for others to get the best out of there computers. I ounce did a course on web-design to further my interest in the subject. Got a HNC out of to boot but, lately my interest has turned to doing howto vide ...

Create a Form [ID:336] (4/15)

in series: OpenOffice Base

video tutorial by Dai, added 08/07

creating a form for inputing data into the database

78. Ron Arredondo Sat, 16 Oct 2010 01:11

Great!

77. OpenOfficeAddict Thu, 14 Oct 2010 06:32

Great vid !

Thanks.

76. licuriciu Sat, 11 Sep 2010 02:06

thanks!

75. Francesco Baconcini Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:38

thank you!!!

good stuff

Good Job.

Thank you for taking the time to do this tutorial. Your pace is easy to follow.

71. Joe Tom Collins Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:33

Very helpful. Need to wach it a few imes again.

70. Peter Lynch Thu, 15 Jul 2010 18:36

Very, very helpful! Thanks for doing these!

69. Maureen Howard Thu, 15 Jul 2010 18:27

It has been a big help.

68. Camden Courcier Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:59

I'm an old procedural xBase programmer just investigating learning Java. Just watched a couple of the videos and am impressed.

67. Cat Faber Mon, 21 Jun 2010 10:09

I appreciate your videos about OpenOffice; it is much easier to see what to do from a video than from the OOo help function.

However it would be helpful to include more info about what things do--for example, you show how to add and change relationships but never explain why I might want them.

Also I often want to do thing that don't seem to be possible with the wizards. I'm sure design mode was included for good reason and it would be great to learn more about

Like it a lot

65. Allan Smulling Wed, 02 Jun 2010 18:44

Great video! Thank you for taking the time to make it. It really helped.

64. Ninan Joseph Sat, 22 May 2010 22:52

Very good and informative

63. Per Ljungberg Mon, 10 May 2010 14:15

Very useful video! Thank you. But where can I find next "chapter"?

62. Stuart Lee Mon, 03 May 2010 08:33

Good straight forward guide thanks

61. Bob Halsey Wed, 21 Apr 2010 08:46

I wish I had found this about two weeks ago. Would have saved some serious learning curve time from someone who knows nothing about databases.

60. Catherine Wed, 14 Apr 2010 05:26

Thank you... its very interesting. Someone like me whose does not want to read a long instruction or tutorials. its very convienient

59. ADRIAN KRAUSE Fri, 09 Apr 2010 00:46

This is slow and thorough, just like me.

I'll most likely have to watch this several times to get the full benefit.

Well Done!

#4 on creating forms is a good start.

Very nice presentation. Going to watch more as I am having issues with forms right now and appreciate any help I can get.

I think that this is not full information. I hoped to find that how to change the field name. For example, there has a field "Note" in your sample, but I don't want to name it just "Note", I want to name it "Note about exclusions". And it is more desirable the table's column in database be named by "Note", but not by "Note about exclusions".

I am learning

54. Glenn Metcalf Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:29

Just getting started You are giving more examples than I need but when you get to a topic that troubles me I'm sure I'll appreciate the level of detail.

53. James Luscher Sat, 23 Jan 2010 10:40

I got stuck for a while in creating a relationship (previous video). I had 'Employee' (Varchar) that I wanted to link to Table 'Employee' (ID - integer - primary key [auto]) and it took me quite a bit of 'fooling around' before I realized the (obscure to me) error message in creating the relationship might be due to differing types... at least changing the first from Varchar to Integer is what 'fixed' the situation and let me create a relationship.

Obviously I'm a TOTAL 'newbie' at this.

Thanks for the great help. I would have quit without your assistance via video!

Hi Dai,

Thank you very much your video help resolve my issues with both the tables and the forms. Keep up the good work

George

51. John Smith Fri, 15 Jan 2010 07:19

Dai - good vids. Get yourself on the roster of DemandMedia, maybe you can get paid for your work.

50. John Wyllie Sun, 10 Jan 2010 07:26

Hi

Just trying to learn how to use forms.

I' like to ba able to collect data from a filled in/out/up form so the

customer enters the data doesn't have to print the form, fill it by biro, and post it by snail mail.

49. anonymous Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:17

Great!! I 've been looking and searching for a form to make an invoice but really my own way. Nothing.. until I found you! Great to have it with a vid tut. Personnal, I learn better this way, very visual I suppose...

Anyway, thanks for the work you put into it. It is very appreciated.

Charlotte(older generation :) )

48. anonymous Sun, 06 Dec 2009 15:31

Excellent, thanks. I'm going to have a go now!

47. anonymous Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:06

ME ENCANTO SU VIDEO, GRACIAS POR SU MAGNIFICO MANUAL. SALUDOS DESDE GRO. MEXICO.

46. anonymous Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:18

Absolute Beauty! Short, precise, to the point. Brilliant!

45. anonymous Tue, 10 Nov 2009 22:33

One of the best tutorials i have seen on the net.

Big thank's Dai

44. anonymous Thu, 15 Oct 2009 19:58

Still learning a lot

43. anonymous Sun, 04 Oct 2009 23:32

it helped me a lot to get an idea of how to make it happen, but i need to know specific thing, but thank you it did help.

42. anonymous Sun, 04 Oct 2009 08:46

Thanks buddy, That was a big help

41. anonymous Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:29

Great, really simplifies the system - much appreciatetd

40. anonymous Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:30

Hi!

A wish You enough Kerosen to do more of this video tutorials!

You are on the right track!

I am a computer technician since 1990 and I can tell you from the first line of battlefield that Your work is badly needed.

I have in plan to do the same for the romanian audience (don't got enough free time and kerosen yet :)

All the best!

adic

PS. Some advice for my future tutorials will be very apreciated!

39. anonymous Sun, 23 Aug 2009 16:17

Great instruction. I've been watching and working trying to get the form to accept data. Its still in read-only mode. I can't get it to accept data.

38. anonymous Sun, 23 Aug 2009 15:17

Very clear & informative

37. anonymous Sun, 23 Aug 2009 14:57

Very good instruction.

36. anonymous Fri, 21 Aug 2009 20:14

This Forms part looks pretty straight forward. Looks good.

35. anonymous Sun, 16 Aug 2009 03:29

Hi, liked your video - I'll be looking at more of them, however, (I guess other people may have said so too), it's Appointments, not the way you spelled it. Having said that, it was a pleasure to watch :).

34. anonymous Sun, 16 Aug 2009 02:09

Thanks a lot Dai for this great tutorials, very detailled and very helpful :)

33. anonymous Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:50

good job

32. anonymous Mon, 03 Aug 2009 01:33

great work!

31. anonymous Sun, 26 Jul 2009 02:19

Very helpful in its format

30. anonymous Wed, 08 Jul 2009 06:41

VERY Helpful, thanks

29. anonymous Thu, 02 Jul 2009 05:48

Very useful

Thanks, you showed useful ways in appending labels.

27. anonymous Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:57

Very tuitve. Do I senses a Scottis accen in the commentary?

Thanks a lot for teaching me something.

Regards

Tony (alias Danmac)

26. anonymous Wed, 10 Jun 2009 08:42

Very good - easy to follow

25. anonymous Tue, 09 Jun 2009 08:24

super

24. anonymous Thu, 28 May 2009 02:34

Hi, great work, if it wasnt for you I would be dead, but if you want me to be brutally honest, don't say "okey dokey" and fasten your voice a little, talk louder and faster and do change the tone of voice like representing dots and commas etc,

you need to improve on your communication skills.

My Best Regards

23. anonymous Thu, 28 May 2009 02:34

you need to improve on your communication skills.

My Best Regards

22. anonymous Thu, 28 May 2009 02:31

you need to improve on your communication skills.

My Best Regards

21. anonymous Tue, 26 May 2009 13:04

tx dai

big help

20. anonymous Mon, 25 May 2009 23:43

Thanks, is a great introduction, feels a bit slow on the beguining but stil realy useful.

19. anonymous Tue, 12 May 2009 21:52

I like it and I want to know why the Id wasn't part of the fields in the making of forms. also I am only finished with video 4. I hope to learn how to add multiple entries into a field. I could be wrong about it being a field. for instance. to be able to look up illnesses and match with syptoms. so that I could find things based on the symtoms. but multiple. thanks for making this site. I am very curious to find out what else you have done and I will be subscribing.

18. anonymous Sun, 10 May 2009 04:22

17. anonymous Sun, 03 May 2009 16:50

14. anonymous Thu, 09 Apr 2009 13:37

These videos are very helpful. I haven't gotten to the end of the series yet, but I hope you have done a video or two showing all the steps in creating a relational database and combining info from each one.

13. anonymous Tue, 07 Apr 2009 17:51

Good Module. I would stress a little more on inputing the data. Someone not familiar with databases may need a little more explanation. Example: school children, older persons not familiar with databases. I should imagine now days older people will use Open Office, because its free.

Al

12. anonymous Tue, 07 Apr 2009 17:50

Al

11. anonymous Mon, 23 Mar 2009 07:12

Excellent ! I had been working with a german database in the past, which was very easy in creation and in queries. I was looking for a long time for another DB also very simple to use. It seems that the opne ofice base is also very simple and I appreciate very much the tutorials. Thank you so much.

10. anonymous Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:45

A video showing how you make a form to enter data based on multiple tables

9. anonymous Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:45

A video showing how you make a form to enter data based on multiple tables

Many Thanks,

This help for my first steps using OooBase

7. anonymous Sun, 28 Dec 2008 13:56

Useful, but I don't see where your information for the list/combo boxes comes from? None of the videos showed where you put that information for "type" and "location"

6. anonymous Sun, 14 Dec 2008 12:26

I think you speaked too slow.

5. anonymous Tue, 18 Nov 2008 01:09

Sample Form with subforms will be nice .....

Review of Create a Form

You are great! Please help to provide more detail regarding the "Relationship" of one-to-many and many-to-many.

3. anonymous Sat, 17 May 2008 10:27

Review of Create a Form

Nice job. In #4, at one point when you were selecting fields randomly I think you said "shift" when you meant "control".

2. anonymous Sun, 02 Mar 2008 14:41

Review of Create a Form

Dear Dai, Just to let you know that your tutorial videos have really been of great help to me. I started from no knowledges about databases at all, and via your video's am now able to create stuff. There is still lots to learn, and I hope you will put some more advanced database development video's on the net. Am looking forward to it!

With kind regards, Annelies

Dai, another great video, these short lessons do really bring the message home.

This reminds of work I used to do back with Visual Basic and Access years ago...I wish I'd had tutorial videos like these back then!

Is there a wiki at the OpenOffice site where we could put in links to your videos?

Kudos and Thanks for Dai