Name: [1922] Dai
Description: Hi I'm Dai Just an ordinary guy with an interest in computers who likes making how to videos for others to get the best out of there computers. I ounce did a course on web-design to further my interest in the subject. Got a HNC out of to boot but, lately my interest has turned to doing howto vide ...

Creating Tables [ID:334] (2/15)

in series: OpenOffice Base

video tutorial by Dai, added 08/07

In this tutorial you will learn how to create a table in OpenOffice Base

69. Ron Arredondo Sat, 16 Oct 2010 00:34

So far I really like these videos. I really like the step by step method. I can work along side by side and follow the video. It's awesome. Thank you so..... much!

-Ron

Good job

67. licuriciu Sat, 11 Sep 2010 01:11

thanks!

Dai thanks bro ! I am completely new to all of this . I've only worked with basic spreadsheets / simple formulas.....

thanks to your videos i am understanding the data side of open office.....which i have not been able to understand by reading the help menus and forums....so thank you for your videos !

Dan.......

65. Robert Elliott Sat, 21 Aug 2010 15:53

Good information.

nice. clean. very helpful. thanks.

Wonderful to have people with such generous hearts to teach others. Very helpful indeed. Thanks again

I have never used any sites like this before tried learning from manuals very difficult really looking forward to getting to grips with this

great stuff keep it up

S U P E R !

REALLY HELPFUL.

WATCH AND LISTEN AND THEN DO!

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY IT'S WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE MORE OF AT SCHOOL.

okey dokey!

60. Ninan Joseph Sat, 22 May 2010 22:42

Useful

Hi,

Dear i want to ask about coding behind button, so tell me how do i go for coding in base

regards

58. Edward Bazylinski Fri, 07 May 2010 05:28

Have viewed 2/15 so far so good.

very good.

56. Jóhann Gunnarsson Sat, 10 Apr 2010 12:26

Good show! I shall be looking for more of iur tutorials.

In general. I love the low-key delivery, a relief from the hype that we swim daily.

# 2 Was helpful. Before watching, I thought I was losing the categories from new, saved tables. When I closed and reopened them they were blank. The video showed that the tables tend to open with the categories scrolled out of sight to the left, so they are there but can't be seen.

Thanks for a good lesson in database for a newbee :-)

52. Dave Siggers Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:11

Easy to follow - thanks

very useful.

Direct and to the point

danke, gute arbeit.

Good videos I'm new at base and this is helpful

Glad to see a how-to on Open Office. It's much easier to watch someone do it, than to search through the help files.

so far, so good 2

46. anonymous Sat, 02 Jan 2010 19:38

Hi,

Thanks for the videos. I am an experienced Access database developer. I have already learned from your video once you save the table definition, you can not insert a new field in between existing fields. This drove me nuts when I was creating an OpenOffice database, now I know.

45. anonymous Sun, 27 Dec 2009 04:23

Most useful, thanks

Great Jog, Dai. I'm happy to get basic training

DAve

43. anonymous Thu, 17 Dec 2009 05:39

Thanks for your video's Dai

42. anonymous Wed, 02 Dec 2009 12:08

Great Tutorials. I can't wait to watch the rest of them. I've been trying to figure out how to use Base on my own. Not easy.

41. anonymous Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:41

Useful

40. anonymous Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:44

39. anonymous Thu, 19 Nov 2009 03:38

Just starting the process of learning oobase. Looks good so far

38. anonymous Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:27

Again, Good stuff so far

37. anonymous Thu, 15 Oct 2009 19:44

Looks good so far

36. anonymous Wed, 14 Oct 2009 19:14

Very useful. Thanks

35. anonymous Fri, 09 Oct 2009 16:01

thank you I now know how and when to use meno longvarchar

thank you thank you thank you.

34. anonymous Wed, 16 Sep 2009 03:08

thanks so much!

33. anonymous Sun, 23 Aug 2009 13:47

So far so good, but I'm looking for how to enter the data into the table. That's a database 101, basic stuff but so far I haven't been able to find out how to do it.

32. anonymous Fri, 21 Aug 2009 19:50

Sooo..... When you create a DataBase it is just an empty shell and then you create more than one Table??? I am confused! But I did benefit from your description of the Field types. Would a phone number be... Integer? Maybe it will all become clearer as I continue.

31. anonymous Sat, 18 Jul 2009 05:22

You've made my life a little richer.

I'm always trying to learn something to advance my knowledge and career options. I've studied database (to the point of being Oracle Certified) but I never had the right combination of tools to interest an employer. I've always had an interest in learning one of the "baby bases" like filemaker, Access, ACT! ... but never could commit to the point of purchasing the software. Open Office is free so it is the natural alternative. Thanks for making exploration of the tool a little easier.

30. anonymous Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:37

Thanks for providing these videos

29. anonymous Thu, 09 Jul 2009 16:35

Thank you for your video tutorials on OOBase. Very helpful

28. anonymous Mon, 06 Jul 2009 16:18

Very good videos...

27. anonymous Wed, 01 Jul 2009 02:50

Exactly what I needed to get me off the ground

26. anonymous Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:09

I just started using OpenOffice Base. Thank you for your help

25. anonymous Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:26

nice, i'm thinking of doing the same for my folks, cheers, eugen from romania

Understandable with regards to data types and very useful for a newbie like me. Thanks

23. anonymous Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:08

Nice videos !

And helpful ! Keep it so !

Best regards,

Liviu

22. anonymous Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:34

21. anonymous Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:02

great job, thanks

20. anonymous Fri, 12 Jun 2009 13:08

well done

19. anonymous Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:08

Good help. But can be a bit tiresome or boring. Maybe try to give more energy.

18. anonymous Sat, 06 Jun 2009 21:18

Very Helpful! Thank you for your generosity and support of Open Source.

17. anonymous Sun, 24 May 2009 10:14

Great help. Thanks!

16. anonymous Wed, 20 May 2009 11:58

I wish i can understand this better

15. anonymous Mon, 18 May 2009 12:17

Thanks. You are doing good job. Youre videos are helpful for me.

Mirek

14. anonymous Mon, 04 May 2009 12:43

Basically fine - but more explanation required as to why properties were choosen

13. anonymous Sat, 18 Apr 2009 00:43

Nice tutorials. You get to the point quickly.

12. anonymous Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:46

Your tutorials are very helpful to me. Thanks for taking the time to make them!

So far so good, I've always had problems with databases

9. anonymous Sun, 01 Mar 2009 22:34

Very helpful. Many thanks.

8. anonymous Mon, 01 Dec 2008 16:25

Review of Creating Tables

It's been about 10 years since I did any database work. I am trying to work with Base (former Access user) and this has been most helpful. Thank you for the effort.

7. anonymous Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:34

Review of Creating Tables

I really appreciate your work! I have worked with Access quite a bit. Although this appears similar, it has intricacies which you explain well. I am just getting started with Open Office base. I don't have time to say more than SINCERE THANKS!!!

6. anonymous Sun, 02 Mar 2008 11:03

Review of Creating Tables

Fantastic, thanks

5. anonymous Sat, 16 Feb 2008 11:33

from catalunya: subtitle improves understanding

4. anonymous Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:45

In your Scribus video tutorials, sometimes the sound is just right; then in the next video, sound is almost inaudible.

Can't use the video as it is in Flash.

Creepy...your voice remind me on the voice of the main character (Peter) in the TV-Show "Family Guy". Now i feel i will become an addict to your video series too :->

It looks just like MS Access so anyone who has worked with that program should be familiar with the interface. Thanks for the great tutorial!

Kudos and Thanks for Dai