Name: [1922] Dai
Description: Hi I'm Dai Just an ordinary guy with an interest in computers who likes making how to videos for others to get the best out of there computers. I ounce did a course on web-design to further my interest in the subject. Got a HNC out of to boot but, lately my interest has turned to doing howto vide ...

7-zip compress files [ID:315] (1/11)

in series: 7-zip file compression programme

video tutorial by Dai, added 07/07

how to compress files using 7-zip

very good tutorial. Thanks.

Thank you... I was able to zip my files in no time.

Terrific!! Exactly what was needed..

thanks!!!!!!!!!!.....suppose i split a file and...can i join it again......?

68. Christopher Norton Wed, 09 Jun 2010 12:59

Well done instructional video...maybe some additional info about how the file manager works, and what level of encryption is appropriate.

thank god for your videoes this has been driving me mad how to use 7 zip well done dai

Great video. Nice and slow and helpful and very pleasant to listen to. Thanks!

Thanks Dai, that was a great help!

This video really helped , the tempo was right and going through all the options was also very good. The comments from 61 was exactly was where I got stuck as well in the beginning, so after reading this as well , job done!

63. kanchana Mon, 08 Mar 2010 06:58

Please provide the User Manual

62. anonymous Tue, 05 Jan 2010 11:54

Excellent explanation. Clear, clean and direct. everything I was hoping to find out.

well done!

61. anonymous Sun, 03 Jan 2010 08:00

I was baffled as I could not find any "create archive" option in 7zip...

...But thanks to your video, I learned that we can use the option "Add to Archive" to create a new archive!!

Thanks a lot for this great tutorial!

60. anonymous Mon, 28 Dec 2009 14:05

7-zip is good and easy to use

59. anonymous Sat, 19 Dec 2009 03:16

great stuff this is thanks

58. anonymous Wed, 16 Dec 2009 17:09

Tks Dai

Great video!

I will try out the 7-zip.

Ciao,

The Fonz

57. anonymous Mon, 07 Dec 2009 20:14

Hey man thanks for this tutorial. I really needed it because I do a lot of uploading which involves using 7zip and I am supplied with folders that need to be compressed. The problem was the people who were supplying me with the folder didn't know how to use such programs.

I added a link to this on my website and on a forum topic.

56. anonymous Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:02

I think he made an honest effort. He seems to care about what he's doing. Probably more detailed than the stateside 20 somethings. Also refreshed my memory to click the file and choose 7 zip there. So he did it. Saw an article in Wall Street Journal about difficulties of businesses saving and transmitting job how to's to the next generation. Also saw a software tester comment that most of what he tested was not so good. So it's hard to be an effective teacher

55. anonymous Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:13

Thanks dude (bro),

U have give me a good idea how to compress my files.

Regards,

Jimy

54. anonymous Tue, 10 Nov 2009 04:05

Thanks for going to the effort...it really helped...simple and clear.

53. anonymous Sat, 31 Oct 2009 21:50

Thank s for your good VDO to share how to do, i just loaded 7-zip this day. THank again.

51. anonymous Wed, 23 Sep 2009 18:33

I did try this but it keeps coming up with the same size :(

I compressed a 100MB file using 7zip exactly the same method as you did and it only compressed it to 99.4MB :( whats wrong with this?

50. anonymous Sat, 19 Sep 2009 06:20

Hi Dai

You did a great job but buggered if i can get it to work.

It all seems to BUT when i go to email it it still says it is 10MB is it the same if you are trying to compress a PDF file?

Thanks in advance

Michelle

49. anonymous Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:31

Excellent video about a great program. Thank you for the reassuring and confident guidance.

48. anonymous Fri, 04 Sep 2009 19:02

Thanks so much for your extremely helpful tutorial. I understand this so much better now.

47. anonymous Wed, 02 Sep 2009 15:03

I found the visual demonstration quite good. Thankyou

46. anonymous Tue, 01 Sep 2009 04:01

nice, i dont know anything about compressing files, this has shed some light my way, keep up the good work...thanks.

45. anonymous Thu, 20 Aug 2009 19:12

Its been good. Thanks for the facility.

44. anonymous Sat, 15 Aug 2009 02:20

Excellent - just what I needed. Thanks.

43. anonymous Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:42

Instruction was fine but I want to compress videos...I will try again using some of your techniques. Thanks.

42. anonymous Fri, 14 Aug 2009 06:53

I have downloaded 7zip and tried to compress video files but either I'm doing it wrong or it doesn't work. Also why des it ask me to compress and email? Why can't I just compress? What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

41. anonymous Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:05

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS TUTORIAL, I CAME UP ON IT WHILE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ELSE AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT THIS WAS A VERY EASY STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL, I MUST SAY THIS I HAVE TO SAVE TO MY FAVORITES FOR THE NEAR FUTURE.

HAY CAN YOU HELP ME AND MY SON OUT WITH THE PSP? THIS IS HOW I CAME ACROSS YOUR VIDEO.

WILL LOOK FOR MORE OF YOUR VIDEO, BY THE WAY WHERE CAN I GET THEM ALL?

THANKS AGAIN...

40. anonymous Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:19

Hi, thanx for all your help. The thing is that once I have completed the compression process, the files are not any smaller than I started with. These are music files - mp3. Any ideas for me?

39. anonymous Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:31

Love the video!!

38. anonymous Sat, 08 Aug 2009 21:40

Simple and straight forward. This was a great help. Thank you

37. anonymous Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:09

very nice thks for ur great tutorial help

36. anonymous Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:26

Very helpful, just learnig how to use this. MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

35. anonymous Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:10

thanks for sharing your expertise. Nice delivery!

34. anonymous Sat, 11 Jul 2009 22:26

A great help, could get nothing from 7-zip website. Just have to give it a go.

33. anonymous Sat, 11 Jul 2009 03:18

very usefull and simple and is there any way, i can make it up to you other than saying thanks

32. anonymous Fri, 10 Jul 2009 07:46

thanks buddy tat was helpful

31. anonymous Tue, 07 Jul 2009 05:27

Graet Stuff, please keep me updated with more of your stuffs.

30. anonymous Mon, 06 Jul 2009 19:47

Very simple so far

29. anonymous Fri, 03 Jul 2009 16:39

nice tutorial for beginner user, keep it up

28. anonymous Fri, 26 Jun 2009 06:04

your video was informative and useful

27. anonymous Wed, 17 Jun 2009 22:53

Thanks for the information. You have made this program a lot easier to understand and work with.

Ray

26. anonymous Wed, 10 Jun 2009 02:00

hi there, i think it's a big help to people who don't know how to use this kind of file... anyway i have a question; how can i extract videos and watch it? coz everytime i open it there's a problem with it... thanks

25. anonymous Wed, 10 Jun 2009 02:00

24. anonymous Mon, 08 Jun 2009 22:34

good, but didnt' show how to decompress three disks.

23. anonymous Wed, 03 Jun 2009 19:12

thanx

22. anonymous Sun, 31 May 2009 09:36

Thanks so much! I found this helpful.

21. anonymous Sat, 23 May 2009 09:45

I thought this video was very helpful, especially since I had never used any type of file compression before!

20. anonymous Fri, 15 May 2009 06:13

Thanks so much for the tutorial. I did not have a clue how to use 7 zip. It was great I could keep stopping and make notes.

19. anonymous Fri, 15 May 2009 06:09

Thank you so much for this tutorial. My son's friend downloaded the 7 zip. I did not have a clue what is was for and how to use it. The video took me through it step by step. It was great I could keep stopping the video because I had to take notes. Bad memory I'm afraid comes with age.

I will keep doing this until I know how to do it without notes.

18. anonymous Thu, 09 Apr 2009 16:57

ncie

Thank you so much! Your video was a great help.

16. anonymous Mon, 06 Apr 2009 16:02

Thank you very much.Your video was a great help!

15. anonymous Mon, 06 Apr 2009 15:51

Thank you very much.Your video was a great help!

14. anonymous Mon, 06 Apr 2009 15:50

Thank you very much.Your video was a great help!

13. anonymous Wed, 01 Apr 2009 14:49

Hello to you...

Just a quick note in appreciation of your instructional videos on 7-Zip

- very helpful!

Alan

Thanks so much. This was very, very helpful.

10. anonymous Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:10

Did not say how to re-open the 7-zip file.

9. anonymous Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:42

Okay...what do I do, when the video is too big, still, and I split it (thinking that would help), and then I e-mailed it to myself, in all these different parts, then I tried to open the parts in my e-mail, and I don't have a program to open it. Dear Lord, how the heck to I e-mail a video? I've done everything that you said.

make sure on the compression level choose ultra. If your files do not compress any more then they are not going to. They have compressed as as they can and, that's the smallest files size you can get.

7. anonymous Tue, 08 Apr 2008 05:35

Everytime I tried this the program spit out a file that was only like 200kb smaller. It need drop the files by MBs

6. anonymous Sun, 23 Sep 2007 03:36

Very good thank you!

cheers Ian it's well appreciated

Dai, just to let you know I've posted a message about your series in the 7-zip forum:

Very nice series, 7zip is a great free archive manager that can handle a lot of file formats

If you can Ian that would be great.

Hi David, I've just published your 7zip series, all the videos look great - good job :-)

Would you like me to try to get links on the 7zip homepage, or do you have some publicity covered for this series already?

Kudos and Thanks for Dai